Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Checking for updates for apps installed

Hi I was wondering if you lot have any good apps to recommend which can be used to check/notify whether the installed apps on my phone have updates available (other than Google Play Market, not being that reliable) I've tried 'App Update Notifier' but its not that accurate, also tried 'aTrackDog - track new version' but it includes beta version updates and I'm just looking for updates which have been pushed out the the Google play store.

Default Re: Checking for updates for apps installed

Hi asanganee,

is there any reason why you won't let the updating be handeled by the Play Store? You can set the 'Auto-update apps' option in the Play store settings in general, besides you can adjust the 'Auto-update' per app in your apps settings.
    I doubt any 3rd party will be more accurate than the Play Store, given that the app was downloaded via the Play Store...

Cheers
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

auto update is a nice feature but I don't want it to be updating when I don't have a WiFi connection because of cost issues. also I'm not sure of the reason but the notification system for updates by play store is being a bit glitchy

I see, I didn't take the cost issues into consideration.

But there's an option in the Play Store Settings called 'Update over wi-fi only'. Maybe that's what you're looking for, I don't know how well this works though...

Did you try to clear the data and cache from the apps settings menu?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Sent From My Galaxy Nexus
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by cryofy View Post
    I see, I didn't take the cost issues into consideration.

But there's an option in the Play Store Settings called 'Update over wi-fi only'. Maybe that's what you're looking for, I don't know how well this works though...
    So dumb didnt see that before I've put it on for now. thanks just the notification issue to fix now

Quote Originally Posted by comk4ver View Post
    Did you try to clear the data and cache from the apps settings menu?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    my phone, htc one x plus, doesnt have that option

You can use third party applications like https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....updatechecker