Q: which battery-saving app would you consider most effective?

stillmind

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Already installed Setting Profiles, Juice Defender. I found them interestingly effective, unless it's just my imagination running wild + wishful thinking. I'm using an AT&T SG3. Does anyone have a better suggestion?

stillmind

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I figured out by disabling Location Settings, until needed, battery last much longer. No apps required.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Wise-App

Banned
May 18, 2015
Visit site
Greenify is one of the most effective and unknown app there is out there, also combination of 2 apps can be effective, recommend you.
if you need anything you can also check our app- WiseApp.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Juice Defender is not good. Battery savers/optimizers are a waste of time. They usually actually use more power than they save.

Uninstall Juice Defender and don't replace it with anything at all.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

stillmind

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Is there a complimentary app to Greenify that would be working well together? My Nexus7 tablet has become a problem as far as juice is concerned. And I only have 21 apps on it. Could it be that i need to replace the charger? (Already tried recovery, boot-loader, and complete reset... For a fresh new start. Better, but it still takes too long to charge to 100%) Any ideas?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Is battery doctor any good?
Battery Doctor is one of the worst apps ever written for Android. Terrible - uninstall! It's by Cheetah Mobile and you should never install anything by them. Here's why:

http://androidforums.com/threads/cache-cleaner.923369/#post-7001396

DO NOT use any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, cache cleaners, etc etc. None of that stuff is necessary. Such apps are actually counterproductive and some are just plain evil. They actually waste power and disrupt critical system processes and degrade performance. Not to mention the nag ads many throw up.

This long thread has a ton of good information about this stuff:

http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/6857986

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay