Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Allyssa Stark
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Google Play Store Error "Authentication required..."

I am not able to make purchases from the google play store on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 anymore. This started a couple of weeks ago. I am still able to download free apps with no problem, however when I attempt to purchase an app, it gives me the Error message which says "Authentication is required. You need to sign into you Google Account."

I have tried all the basic things such as uninstalling updates on google play and google play services and clearing the data/cache on google play, google play services, google framework services, and talk; I even cleared the data/cache on all of my other apps just to be safe. I tried removing my google account, changing the password on my gmail and pc so they would all be surely the same. I also restarted the phone multiple times. Nothing is working and I am so frustrated . I don't want to have to do a factory reset (though it seems this may be my only option) but what's more is I'm worried that won't even help.

If anyone has had similar issues and has any further solutions (other than those I previously listed) please let me know!!! Thanks!
    Kumar Chandwani likes this.

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: Google Play Store Error "Authentication required..."

I'm assuming you're talking about the password you have to type into the box that pops up when you try to pay for an app? This has never failed for me. I input my password and the purchase completes. Maybe there's a weird setting in wallet? Check your wallet by logging into your gmail, clicking on the more button and choosing wallet.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Created new account this worked!!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kenyon View Post
    I'm assuming you're talking about the password you have to type into the box that pops up when you try to pay for an app? This has never failed for me. I input my password and the purchase completes. Maybe there's a weird setting in wallet? Check your wallet by logging into your gmail, clicking on the more button and choosing wallet.
    Scott, it was something to do with the google wallet! It said that because I had changed my gmail password, the google wallet was suspended. I was given the option to fill out a form to remove the suspension, but I am impatient and created a new gmail instead haha. Thank you!

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

I'm happy to help, Allyssa! Glad you have it all cleared up now!

me too hVing dis prob...plz mmay i hv ny solution regardng authentication

google play store authentication
    Thanked by:

Same prblm what 2 do plz say me

AUthentication is required asking in my samsung pocket what i should reply me send me solution

I have a problem in my phone whatsup is not opening it was asking me to authentication is required error what to do say me and other uptade

- - - Updated - - -

I have a problem in my phone whatsup is not opening it was asking me to authentication is required error what to do say me and other uptade

Whilw to be some type of connection error I went on wifi and was able to connect to Google Play. Then turn off wifi went back to mobile and was able to access Google Play no problem using mobile after that. Had same problem with maps not connecting to the server. connected fine while on wifi. disabled wifi and maps connected normally after that on mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyssa Stark View Post
    I am not able to make purchases from the google play store on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 anymore. This started a couple of weeks ago. I am still able to download free apps with no problem, however when I attempt to purchase an app, it gives me the Error message which says "Authentication is required. You need to sign into you Google Account."

I have tried all the basic things such as uninstalling updates on google play and google play services and clearing the data/cache on google play, google play services, google framework services, and talk; I even cleared the data/cache on all of my other apps just to be safe. I tried removing my google account, changing the password on my gmail and pc so they would all be surely the same. I also restarted the phone multiple times. Nothing is working and I am so frustrated . I don't want to have to do a factory reset (though it seems this may be my only option) but what's more is I'm worried that won't even help.

If anyone has had similar issues and has any further solutions (other than those I previously listed) please let me know!!! Thanks!

Actually, I have the same problem except the purchase thing. I did most of the things you did too. I clear things and do all the other stuff, but it doesnt work. So I decided to make another play store account, but I cant download anything. Please help me!!

Quote Originally Posted by James Njogu View Post
    google play store authentication

i cannot update my whatsap it says authentication is required please what should i do?