Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What's the deal with Google Play?

What's going on with Google Play? It used to work perfectly, but now it's loaded with issues. Here are just some of my more common issues:

Apps download, reach 100%, then they don't install or Google Play sits at 100% for several minutes before installing

Google Play gives an error when updating an app, most commonly "961"

Google Play builds up a massive list of apps that require an update even though I have "auto update" enabled. And no, I don't mean apps that require new permissions.

While updating it says "Waiting on network" and stops downloading until manually reset

And the list goes on. Why are all these issues occurring?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: What's the deal with Google Play?

I have none of these problems. I don't allow automatic updates, so your 3rd bullet doesn't apply, but I have none of the other issues. Maybe it's your phone?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I have none of these problems. I don't allow automatic updates, so your 3rd bullet doesn't apply, but I have none of the other issues. Maybe it's your phone?
    I thought it was just my phone until I Googled it and found many other people with similar issues. I can't find any solutions though.

Posted via Android Central App

A couple of things worth trying:

In Application manager, try clearing data for the Play store app. If that doesn't work, try deleting your google account, and then re-adding it.

I have none of these problems either

Did you enabled Background Data Restriction (BDR)? Under Settings > Data Usage > Restric background data.

Item #1 and #4 are what I encountered when I have enabled BDR previously, open the Google Play app, notice that BDR is enabled because the app will inform you regarding it, disabled the BDR, and switch back to Google Play app.

I resolved it by disabling BDR, manually shut down the Google Play app, and lauching the app again. Hope this helps.

I don't have those problems

I haven't encountered any of these problems, but I had the phone rebooting itself when uninstalling apps from Google Play (not from the app drawer / settings). Happened a couple of times. I also have a friend who had the same issue, but different phone, so it's not hardware.