Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Free Bluetooth Remote Desktop for Android 4.2?

I'm not sure "Remote Desktop" is the correct term, but I'm not sure what would be.
    Basically I want something that would allow me to control my PC (most importantly the mouse, but if it does the keyboard too, that's all the more awesome, but being able to see what I'm controlling on my phone) through my phone using bluetooth (if it has a wi-fi option, great, but I specifically am looking for a bluetooth one). I've found some that have very limited options- capable of running specific media players on the PC, or skipping slides forward or back in a presentation, but none with more direct control.
    Closest I got was this:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....androidremote

Which actually allows mouse control, but that is pointless, because I can't see what I'm controlling on my phone, so I'd have to be sitting in front of my PC anyway.
    Free because I don't have any money available online, although I do have some "coins" credit on the Amazon app store if it is available there.
    Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Free Bluetooth Remote Desktop for Android 4.2?

Bluetooth is too limited to display in real time your desktop and let you control it through HID over the same connection. You will have to use WiFi on something like Splashtop 2.
    It also has support for 3G/4G access with a subscription fee.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

But I remember being able to control my PC with my old Nokia (an N79 running Symbian S60v3). A pity I can't remember the name of the app. It didn't display the whole screen, obviously, but it showed the phone's resolution worth of area around the mouse (of my desktop) on the phone's screen. My internet connection is not at its best these days, so wi-fi really wouldn't be feasible.

You don't need the internet to use wifi to control your PC.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

No, I know, I guess I explained badly. My router has been having issues recently.

Ahh ok I get it.