Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AppBrain vs Android Market

Hello again from the nanite,

I was just wondering for those of you who have the AppBrain app, if you like it better than the Market and why. I'm trying to see if there is a major difference between the two and if it's worth having it. Also, how is the performance once downloaded?

I tried it and did not notice much difference at all. I'm just sticking with the market.

The biggest difference between them is that with appbrain you can sync your apps with the website and if anything happens to your phone i.e. new ROM, or new phone. You can install all your apps that you had before back on the new ROM or phone.

Performance is the same that i've noticed. Hope this info helps you.
    rooted fascinate
    sc v1.0 dl30/dl09 modem
    redbread dl30 theme

rooted d2
    fission 2.5.7 BE
    fission 1300mhz @ 62v kernel
    black gb theme

irc - freenode #samsung-fascinate, #fascinate-froyo... It saves lives

Global Posts
    2,520 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I like the features of AppBrain, such as Hot Today, and Hot This Week. And the sorting features. Not to mention the fact it's almost like a "backup" of my apps. I switch phones a lot and it's nice to keep them all in sync as far as apps go.

Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    ROM
    Blackhole

I like the fact that out will "sync" your apps.

Sent from my rooted, de-binged, overclocked, and de-bloated Fascinate using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

From what I can tell, everybody is right on point with what I've discovered. Here's something interesting though: The way I understood it, (I have been known to be wrong) Verizon backs-up your apps as well. (God forbid something happens to your Vascinate)

Am I wrong? Just trying to get my info right.
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

The Market will re-install your apps (the paid ones, at least) if you need to do so for any reason. It keeps track of them, not only for re-installation but also for updating.
    Always learning ...
    Thanked by: