Problem with Google Play Services

Developer3000

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I'm trying to install the Google Play services for my phone because many games and apps require these services to work properly. After I installed the services, I'm getting the same problem when opening apps or games where the apps mention that there are no services installed on the device. I don't know what to do to solve this problem!!!

If anyone knows what this problem is, please advice me how to solve it. Many thanks :)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if they'll work properly without being native to your phone, unfortunately. What version of Android are you running? And what device do you have?

Developer3000

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. My device is Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and the Android version is 4.2.2 but not all games do this issue, only some apps that require Google services such as submitting score to Google Play Leaderboard.

Developer3000

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

No, I didn't. I tried to clear the app data from settings and the cache too in order to begin the app without any stored data on my device but the same problem remains. I think I could check my Google Play updates or something like that or there is a version required by this app that makes the problem. What do think about that?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

No, I didn't. I tried to clear the app data from settings and the cache too in order to begin the app without any stored data on my device but the same problem remains. I think I could check my Google Play updates or something like that or there is a version required by this app that makes the problem. What do think about that?

It sounds like a good idea! Uninstall all updates, then you may want to clear the system cache partition. There are instructions for that on one of the sticky help guides if you aren't sure how. Then go and update all those apps again and see if it helps. See, you have good ideas! :)

Developer3000

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'll do that for sure. I hope this solves the problem but all these good ideas wouldn't show up without your thoughts of course. Thank you very much for your help and time too. After I finished, I'll let you know about updates. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you clarify something? Google Play Services should come preinstalled on all Android devices that are certified for Google Play. An unrooted Note 2 should be certified--unless it's for certain regions in the world. Where are you?

Developer3000

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy,

Thanks for your message. Yes, I know that Google Play Services is already installed on all Android devices and they are installed on mine too because not all apps make this issue. This means that they already installed and working well too but certain apps do this issue and pops up a message says that I should download and install Google Play services, and when I access the link, it takes me to Google Play market to install the services. After installing, I run the app or game with the problem but they pop up the same message so I really can't understand where the problem is exactly!! I'm from Egypt and my device is not rooted as you mentioned.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Strange. When that message comes up for me, it usually means there's a Google Play Services update available, which then installs automatically. After about 10 seconds or so, the app then runs fine.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Developer3000

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
This is different than what I mean where any app requires Google Play services to run properly but some apps use these services to do something such as submitting a score automatically to Google Play store when you get a specific score in the game. So, I don't know how the app uses this function to do its job but generally, I will try to delete all the updates and reinstall them again to see what will happen. I hope this gives me the required goal, I'll try it and let you know. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One other thought. I've been seeing a number of posts about issues with Google Play Store not connecting, or problems with Google Play Services. There is a new version rolling out right now (6.1), so I wonder if these issues are correlated. You may just have to wait until the updated version rolls out to your device.

Developer3000

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much B. Diddy, this is very helpful. I will check it out and let you know but I will wait because now I'm trying mrsmumbles idea by removing all the updates and install them again. If this didn't work, I'll try to get the new update manually as you said. Many thanks :) :)

Developer3000

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like a good idea! Uninstall all updates, then you may want to clear the system cache partition. There are instructions for that on one of the sticky help guides if you aren't sure how. Then go and update all those apps again and see if it helps. See, you have good ideas! :)

I tried your idea but unfortunately, the problem remains. I'll try the other idea by installing this new version. Thanks anyway my friend, your thoughts were very helpful!! :) :)

Developer3000

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Developer3000

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeeeeeeh, problem solved !!!!! The new update worked great for me and everything is working just fine now. Thanks B. Diddy for the great support and Thanks mrsmumbles for your helpful ideas. I'll try it for a while just in case for any sudden issues. Keep it Up guys !!!! :)