Can't find an app in Market, and my friend can!

Leandro Carvalho

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi again,

I'm trying to install the "WoW Remote Auction House" application, but I can't even find it in Market, I have a Samsung Galaxy 5 (i5500), Android 2.1. My friend has a Motorola Milestone (also Android 2.1) and can find the application normaly, install and use it.

Then I tried to install using AppBrain, but it gives me this error message: "Can't find selected item" (free translation from my language).

This is the application: WoW Remote Auction House - Android app on AppBrain

Why is there a difference between our phones?

laney12186

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know but I'm having the same problem finding advanced clock widget on the market when my friend with an EVO can on his phone. I've got a mesmerize. Would live it if someone could answer this question.

hpcomputergeek

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
It is happening because some apps only work on some phones! I think you can find the app you want at 4shared.com and sideload it. If you don't have AT&T you don't have to use the sideload machine! You can just go to 4shared.com on your phone and save it to your SD card and install the app from there! To look in the SD card to install the app, you might have to download Apkmanager.
I think you should use Opera web browser to download the app from 4shared.com. It will save the app to Downloads (or create that folder.) Any other questions? Just PM me!

hpcomputergeek

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my fascinate and the app TV.com but even wierder is that on the fascinate forum other owners are able to see it and download it.
how do I sideload i am a newbie so please help

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Holy cow i was able to do it here's what you got to do.
1. go to 4shared.com search for tv.com apk
2. download the file to your desktop
3.connect your phone to your PC and copy the apk file to your sd card make sure you put it where you can find it (i put it in a file called downloads
4. disconnct your phone from your pc.
5 find the file and click on it
and i suppose this will work with any file you want that doesnt show up in market