Games or apps: single purchase for multiple phones/tablets?

Idiotfool

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm a happy user of an HTC EVO and I've just recently discovered the rip-offs put out by Gameloft. I've given NOVA trial a try and played a few others and am pretty happy with how they are presented. I'm waiting to purchase full games, though, to know if the purchase locks it to my phone or if one purchase allows for multiple installs. I know 5 bucks for a game is somewhat cheap, but when you double that (wife has an EPIC) or triple it (may get a tablet), then I start racking up the bills.

So, how do purchases work? One phone only? Can you transfer them to other handhelds?

Thanks!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Purchases are tied to your Google Gmail address, not to the device, which means you can redownload them to another device as long as you setup the same Gmail address.

torisen

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
OK, this is slightly off-topic but it seems more fitting here than in the other "installation unsuccessful" threads which seem to be a different issue.

My wife has a Droid X set up to her gmail account with payment info etc saved. I bought a Xoom over the weekend and set it up with my gmail account and started setting up free apps and loving it. Then I wanted a pay aps but didn't have my wallet so I added her gmail account and went to the market, switched to her account, and bought it. It bought and grabbed two more free apps while I was there. They all downloaded but gave me "Installation Unsuccessful". I tired it again and got the same. requested a refund and got it for the paid app.

Here's the fun part: I removed her account and tried the free apps again and got the same error. I've read several posts about this and tried clearing data for a bunch of running services, rebooting, etc. and still nothing. I can buy/download anything, but nothing will install now.

Any advice? Do I have to factory reset just to undo adding and removing her account? and is it possible to have multiple gmail accounts at all? Did this happen just because I tried to use more than one in the market? Could we set up both our phones and tablet one one account for pay then add the other account if it was just for email?

Thanks for any and all help!
-J

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund