Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM

Default Droid Incredible for sale

I have a droid Inc. for sale. I used it for about 3 days and switched back to my Motorola Droid. Basically, I am just sick of waiting for someone to root it and I absolutely HATE stock images. I am going to buy an Evo 4g because it is already rooted ( I guess why not ). I am asking $500 plus shipping ( if not local in Boston )it comes with hard case and a pack of 3 screen protectors.
    Device : Galaxy Nexus
    Build : 4.0.3 IML74K
    Kernel: 3.0.8-g490ff3
    Neighborhood IT Pro

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Would it be possible for you to post pictures?

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

A brand new one which will come with warranty through VZW stores is only $529 no contract....

ROM
    ICS

Quote Originally Posted by tyler0630 View Post
    A brand new one which will come with warranty through VZW stores is only $529 no contract....
    he used it for 3 days! he already took $10.00 each day he used it. androids dont loose value.

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tyler0630 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by shamefulzero View Post
    he used it for 3 days! he already took $10.00 each day he used it. androids dont loose value.

That does not matter to consumers, if its used even for a few seconds then it needs to be significantly lower than what you can buy it new.

No one is going to buy a used (no matter how new it still is) when they can get a brand new one for close to the same price.

don't forget sales tax

500 is probably a little optimistic, but definitely should not be "significantly lower"
    -aut viam inveniam aut faciam-
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Why can't you change images on a non rooted device?
    Plus if you go and get the EVO, you would be switching to Sprint and what have two lines on two separate carriers?

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    Why can't you change images on a non rooted device?
    Plus if you go and get the EVO, you would be switching to Sprint and what have two lines on two separate carriers?
    He's talking about flashing the ROM not pictures
    </awesome>
    Thanked by:

Sent you a PM.

Sent you another PM.

Agreed, this is NOT a straight line depreciation. Most of the value of buying something used as opposed to new is the price savings and the integrity of the person/place that you are buying it from. Since most people on this don't know you from a hole in the wall, expecting to get 95% of original value is rediculous. For all we know, you rang up an obscene bill with th vendor in those 3 days and we would then be unable to even activate the phone until the bill is paid. Additionally, you may say there's nothing wrong with it, but for all we know you may have dropped it createing a small crack in the display that will only get worse over time, even though it may not be currently visible.
    So yes, as tragic as it may be for you, yes, a significant depreciation is realistic and expected. 3 days, 2 weeks, 30 days, no difference. You may want to start with knocking off about 40% then you may get some interest.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by Get-a-clue View Post
    Agreed, this is NOT a straight line depreciation. Most of the value of buying something used as opposed to new is the price savings and the integrity of the person/place that you are buying it from. Since most people on this don't know you from a hole in the wall, expecting to get 95% of original value is rediculous. For all we know, you rang up an obscene bill with th vendor in those 3 days and we would then be unable to even activate the phone until the bill is paid. Additionally, you may say there's nothing wrong with it, but for all we know you may have dropped it createing a small crack in the display that will only get worse over time, even though it may not be currently visible.
    So yes, as tragic as it may be for you, yes, a significant depreciation is realistic and expected. 3 days, 2 weeks, 30 days, no difference. You may want to start with knocking off about 40% then you may get some interest.

100% AGREE!

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

I am just curious if he got 500 for it or not.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

probably