Looking for a Verizon Phone (Got Scammed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm looking to find a good deal on a Verizon phone. I recently got scammed into trading my Nexus 7 and money for an SGS3, which worked fine, so I made a deal to sell that for money. So I also sold my Galaxy Nexus, and was going to use the money from that plus the sale of my SGS3 to buy a Nexus 4 on T-Mobile or a Maxx HD. Well of course, my Galaxy Nexus has been sold, and it turns out that the SGS3 that I bought was stolen, but wasn't reported until right before the person that I sold it to tried to activate it. A friendly call from the Alabama PD this morning informed me of that, so they're recovering the SGS3, and I have to refund the money to the person that I sold it to.

So out of all of this I've lost:
A 16 GB Nexus 7 +$80
A Verizon Galaxy Nexus
An SGS3
$435

So if I can't find a good deal on a phone, I may have to leave the forums for a bit until I get a job that I can work around baseball and school. It stinks because I'm one of the few trusted on here that has made multiple good transactions. This is one of the friendliest forums I've seen with some all-time good people.

So if anyone has a smartphone that they're willing to sell for cheap, let me know.

Thanks guys.

roaztb33f

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
And if you get really desperate, I've got a Motorola Droid 2. Just cover shipping and its yours. PM me for further details.

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear about what has happened.

I have a DROID charge for $90 shipped.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

That's awesome. I'll let you know if I can make that happen.

And if you get really desperate, I've got a Motorola Droid 2. Just cover shipping and its yours. PM me for further details.

Thanks a lot. I'll definitely be getting back to you.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Man, that's some shizz right there.

If I had something to help, I would. But those two guys are good dudes that would help you out.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Man, that's some shizz right there.

If I had something to help, I would. But those two guys are good dudes that would help you out.

Thanks Wildo. I appreciate it.

Scams...the reason xda is closing the marketplace doors. Sad. Truly sad. On a serious note

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Wildo. I appreciate it.

Scams...the reason xda is closing the marketplace doors. Sad. Truly sad. On a serious note

No problem. Gotta back up the few decent people left on the marketplace. Sucks that XDA is shutting the doors. But I don't really blame them at all.

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow. You guys are the best. I'll probably get back to one of you guys over the weekend, unless anybody has a newerish (?) moto device. I go to school in the middle of nowhere and have terrible service.
Thanks again guys.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
That sucks you got scammed, hope you get something to come through.

Wht do you mean xda is close g up?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

coldconfession13

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Well that sucks I remember trying to trade for your nexus 7. Hell I might have a droid x I can throw at you since I have bit on a line that the contract will be ending this month. Don't know how that's gonna play but let me know

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your luck, butvi don't have anything to give for free.

Have a like New Rezound I'd sell for $200....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
This won't help you at the present time but my Verizon contract ends on Dec 2nd and I'll have my GN available to buy then. If interested just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zatarabr