Verizon Moto X, black. In box with all accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I am going to be a good boy for once and follow the rules. This hurts, I'll have you know. Actively painful :)

Item Description: Moto X - the usual 16G, black, kevlar deal you get from Verizon
Price: $235 shipped
Carrier Locked or Unlocked?: Locked to Verizon
Condition: 99%
Includes: Box, charger and cable (still sealed in bags), SIM extraction tool, manual. Everything you get when you buy it new.
Item Location: Cleveland, OH
Shipping Details: I will ship UPS ground. If you want faster ship or different, you pay the difference. I will supply a tracking number when I ship.
Payment Options: Paypal gift. This is a low price and I won't take an additional hit from Paypal.
Additional Info: I may have some feather cases for it. I'll look around.
Photos: attached
Contact Info - Please PM or post below (do not post your email address)

I fell in love with this phone when I first got it, but like many steamy, torrid love affairs it was intense but short lived. It's an excellent, superb phone. I love it in the hand, I love the screen, sound, performance, just everything. Battery life is very good. Motorola did their best work here. But for me it's a bit small and frankly I'm starting to like Windows better than Android. I just looked it over VERY closely, and aside from some of my paw prints, there are no marks on the glass or the case. The SIM card with the phone was never used - I just slapped my old one in and saved myself some hassle. Instead of leaving it to whine and cry all night locked up in a desk drawer, it may as well find a good home.

Attachments

• moto1.jpg
    moto1.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 74
  • moto2.jpg
    moto2.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 76
  • moto3.jpg
    moto3.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 74
  • moto4.jpg
    moto4.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 78
  • moto5.jpg
    moto5.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 78
  • moto6.jpg
    moto6.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 80

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah yeah yeah. The screen is dusty. Do you have any idea how hard it is to clean a black monolith? Huh? Do you? Go ask Stanley Kubrick. He'll tell you.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Bump. Buy it. It's pitiful cries are becoming too much to bear! :) It wasn't that long ago that this phone was called the best Android phone going. That was by bloggers who, as we know, always know what they are talking about. Yeah, there are bigger and more powerful phones, and everyone wants THE LATEST and MOST POWERFUL phone. But guess what? No one needs phones like that. Really. I promise. For gaming, reading, texting, emailing, and hey, even calling, this phone has you covered. The radios are top notch, sound is awesome. it's shell is solid as a rock, sculpted for the hand and very grippy. Screen is super and it does that breathing thing which is useful and sorta fun It's just an all around excellent phone and would make a great phone for anyone. I just seem to collect phones and lately I've liked Windows phones. So that this off my hands. We will all be happier!

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
there not like ATT where you can get a free unlock code?

Not that I am aware of, no. But if you go to the Motorola forums there are subforums dedicated entirely to telling you how to unlock your phone and there are threads for the Moto X. I've never found it necessary to unlock my phones, and the Moto X is actually pretty clean. But that's just my take on unlocking - if it works well, leave it alone. And for me the Moto X works fine, even if it's locked.

Sean Fanelli

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Not that I am aware of, no. But if you go to the Motorola forums there are subforums dedicated entirely to telling you how to unlock your phone and there are threads for the Moto X. I've never found it necessary to unlock my phones, and the Moto X is actually pretty clean. But that's just my take on unlocking - if it works well, leave it alone. And for me the Moto X works fine, even if it's locked.

I need to use it on att I that why to would need to Unlock it

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, all 4GLTE phones from Verizon come unlocked per their agreement with the FCC when they purchased the "C BLOCK Spectrum." Google Verizon C Block and there is some good reading.

The Verizon phones should work on ATT but there might be some limitations. See this link for some info.

Will a Verizon Moto X really work on AT&T and T-Mobile? - CNET

Unless someone here knows about unlocking this phone, and then is able to tell you if a CDMA phone will work on ATT, I think this phone is not suitable for you. But thanks for looking!

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, all 4GLTE phones from Verizon come unlocked per their agreement with the FCC when they purchased the "C BLOCK Spectrum." Google Verizon C Block and there is some good reading.

The Verizon phones should work on ATT but there might be some limitations. See this link for some info.

Well, there you have it. I'd be glad to sell it to you with the understanding that if it doesn't work as you'd like on the ATT network, it's still yours. But according to the article referenced, Verizon does not lock their 4G LTE phones, which this is. The pertinent bit seems to be (cut and paste from the article);

"Because the Verizon Moto X supports GSM as well as CDMA, you can get basic voice, text messaging, and 3G data service when you put an AT&T or T-Mobile SIM card in it. And you may be able to get 4G LTE service from AT&T or T-Mobile, but you may not."

So if being sure about 3G and iffy on 4G is OK with you, it looks like this phone ought to be fine. But as I say I make no claims for that, or the veracity of bloggers however knowledgeable they may seem. You may have noticed from time to time that tech bloggers occasionally have no clue what they are talking about - but that doesn't stop them from talking as though they do.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Not all Verizon 4GLTE smartphones have gsm radios besides lte. Like the Thunderbolt and gnex. For verizon phones with gsm radios, the domestic carriers could be locked out like the Droid razr maxx.

Now with regards to the Moto X, it does support band 4 lte, which is tmobile primary lte. Att does use b4 too but in very limited places, so chances are you won't see lte on att.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
This is on it's way to being the most analyzed but least bought phone on this forum :) Bump - it's still available. Willing to flex (some) on price. Lets talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech