List Your Top 5 Android Widgets

Franqie

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
-Beautiful widgets home
-Tweetdeck
-Buienalarm (Dutch wheather widget which shows a graph when and how much rain is expected)
-Android Agenda Widget
-Battery Snap

jjwa

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I like FrameMe based on the screenshots in Appbrain. Not sure I can justify buying it. The stock photo frame widget works fine for me for now.

Haha, no worries. I am dumb and haven't figured out what "scrollable widgets" means in Launcher Pro. Care to enlighten?
Sure. Imagine you have a calendar widget on your screen that is displaying 10 text lines of calendar information. But in total, there are of course many more lines of information in your calendar. With scrollable widgets (enabled in Launcher Pro and supported/enabled by the widget) you can swipe up/down with your finger, and it will scroll up or down, so you can move down in the list and see your other information.

If you do not have the Launcher Pro Plus widgets, you can check out Agenda Widget for an example of a widget that really benefits from this feature. (Don't forget to enable it in the Android Widget settings.)

-Beautiful widgets home
-Tweetdeck
-Buienalarm (Dutch wheather widget which shows a graph when and how much rain is expected)
-Android Agenda Widget
-Battery Snap
Very nice! Thanks, I have installed it now :).

Hooligan76

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
1. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Mobile (on off buttons)
2. Weather
3. Twitter
4. Music
5. Calendar

As a new user, i haven't gotten to go deep into the widgets, but these are the ones i have used the most so far.

karyney

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any icons on my screens at all - I'm a big fan of widgets. I use Beautiful Widgets Home Weather and Beautiful Weather 4x1, Pure Calendar widget (agenda), Pure Grid Calendar, and Switch Pro.

Reactions: djsmom

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
1. Beautiful Widgets Home
2. Pure Calendar Widget
3. Power Control Plus (lost some of its use when CM6 added notification bar widgets)
4. Android Central Widget :)
5. 3G Watchdog-great for AT&T users

Honorable Mention- Urban Dictionary-good for some entertainment when you don't have time to open up a game or a full app.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
- HTC Clock/Weather
- HTC Calendar
- Battery Widget - geekyouup
- Silent Toggle Widget - Droidmania
- ColorNote Notepad Notes - Notes

I'm sure this will change over time, like they all do with a Smartphone.

Goldwinger

May 8, 2010
Visit site
1. Quick Battery - Nice that it will start Quick Settings or any other app.
2. Auto Rotate Widget - Sometimes I just want to stay in portrait mode.
3. System Info Widget - Toggles and status, best of both.
4. Business Calendar Day - Keeps me on schedule.
5. Palmary Weather - Clean and functional

lazarus

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
1- Launcher Pro Plus
2- Widget Locker
3- Beautiful Widgets
4- Desktop visualizer

...those 4 alone basically give you full ability to customize your entire UI/UX on any android phone.

If I had to throw in a 5th it'd probably be Phone Silencer. Its a prettyimited purpose app but really helpful to me because I always forget to turn on my ringer at the end of my work day.

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Hi all - some news:

1. Released 1.34 at the market. Many new features.

2. Also released the long awaited widget - will bring i-Bar (dial by photo) and "last call" to your main screen.

atp_widget.png

Note: you have to have the latest version of aTAKEphONE (1.34) from the market to use this widget.

Any remarks/suggestions will be most welcome.

Thanks.

Reactions: packerbacker

spsands

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
1. Facebook

2. NFL Mobile

3.Pure Calendar

4. (GPS,WI-FI,Bluetooth)On-Off switches

5. Google Maps

Ok, sorry if this is a stupid question, but how in the world do I make Google maps a Widget??!?! I have tried about everything and cant seem to figure it out.

and apparently, this google maps thing is a "new addition" how did Zerazac have it months ago? this article makes it seem like a new feature. One that I still havent figured out how to enable.

http://www.androidcentral.com/google-maps-street-view-updated