List Your Top 5 Android Widgets

scramer

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok I've updated mine.

Smooth Calendar (combined with Business Calendar (Beta))

Pandora

Widgetsoid (you can make it transparent, and it just updated and gave me access to the bluetooth setup)

SoundHound (can't tell you how many times I've wanted to save a song I heard on the radio or been in a place, heard a song and wanted to know who's singing it)

Folder Organizer (technically it is an app, but I use it to create widgets using icons that I want it to have)

in no particular order....

audiomanager
Dazzle
Mini Info
beautiful widgets
android central

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Minimalistic text
Beautiful widgets
On off widgets (not using now)

Only have three.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

bghapb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have seen countless threads about everybodies favorite apps but i don't think i have come across one listing their favorite widgets.

here are my top 5:

-a tie between weather widget donate and beautiful widgets (each one has somthing that stands out and makes it worth using)
-weather bug (even though the widgets above tell you the same thing for current day, it just easier to click it and find out the forecast for the week or even just hourly)
-laik agenda (a good reminder of whatever you have listed in the google callender)
-advanced task manager (makes it easier to kill running tasks if i feel my phone is a little bit laggy)
-pure grid calender (a great calender app to see events as a whole calender. though i have uninstalled it due to running out of space)

on a side note though, does anybody know of a good alternative widget to replace the stock power control widget. i was using the widgets that came with beautiful widgets but i uninstalled it for the time being because i am using weather widget donate currently. i want something a little bit more visually appealing than the stock one.
I have found Juicedefender to be a terrific battery preserver.
All the smart guys say that all task managers are a problem on Android phones and should not be used.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Any chance you all could include a short description of each widgets purpose?

Sure. It's time for me to revise my list anyways.

-Note Everything-let's me quickly write a note without having to actually go into the app.

-Business Calendar-quick access to my calendar.

-Weather Toggle Widget-replaces the HTC Sense flip clock widget on CM7 (the obly art of Sense I miss).

-Twitter-quick access to my Twitter feed.

-Weather bug Elite/radar-technically this counts as to widgets. The Weatherbug Elite widget gives me quick acess to my weather info, and the radar widget lets me see the current weather radar.

NWinn

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Multicon (fits 4 apps where one would normally be)
Beautiful Widgets (5 day forecast)
Android Central
AudioManager (manage every sound that comes from your phone)
CircleLauncher (not a home launcher, just quick acces to anything really in a small space...looks cool too)

tcat007

May 17, 2011
Visit site
MultiPicture Wallpaper: Lets you swipe to different picture on each screen, awesome with GO launcher screen transitions.
BookmarkTree: Best bookmark organizer I've tried, great for quick links to Browser.
BoatBrowser: Fast, great UI, relatively small
Check and Done: Best list/note pad I've tried (tried them all), also small app
Dropbox: Great for syncing to PC, great for taking quick audio note (settings/new/audio) into cloud folder, great for sharing public pictures (here, there, and everywhere)