Vote for your favorite iTunes sync app

What is your favorite iTunes sync app?

• Total voters

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
  • Vote for your favorite iTunes sync App in this poll.
  • You can vote for more than one app.
  • Applications change and new ones are added from time to time - therefore the poll will close periodically and a new one will be started.
  • If your favorite app is missing from above, please check "Other" and list it below.
  • If you want to comment or add additional information about your favorite app, chime in below.
  • All new "what's your favorite iTunes sync app" threads will be merged with this one.

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
iSyncr works great for me..it's easy to use, doesn't hog up my droid with needless space holding some huge application. I just update my itunes on my computer the way I want and then start up iSyncr, pick my playlists and I'm good to go.

I used to use doubletwist but it just seemed kinda redundant to have an interface to interface with the itunes interface just to get music on my droid. :D Much easier IMO, to just set up my itunes and then sync away, especially since all my songs are in some sort of playlist.

yomonk1

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I use Doubletwist but it is SOOOOO SLOOOOWWWWWW. Bottom line is there really isn't a really good smooth interface/ app for my Droid Inc.

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I use Doubletwist but it is SOOOOO SLOOOOWWWWWW. Bottom line is there really isn't a really good smooth interface/ app for my Droid Inc.

Try iSyncr. I had DoubleTwist, but it was WAY TOO slow for me also. I would have to leave it up all the time or else it would take at least 4hrs to re-sync with iTunes. I got iSyncr and never looked back.

droidX1991

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Is the free iSyncr any good? Does it basically have the same features as the paid version? I'm kind of skeptical as to whether I should really pay for a music app....

nudave#AC

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
do any of these damn apps sync apple lossless? does not seem so from my testing

Doubletwist does AFAIK. None of them support the copy protected music. I just finished purchasing a non-copy protected iTunes tracks and then converted them to mp3 using Easy CD-DA.

Now I don't even deal with iTunes and use Songbird as the iTunes replacement.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I use my own tool, mdSync. It's on my site (PC only, requires USB connection). The one on there currently is BB only, but my development version does Android too. I'm going to add a feature to automatically add any amazon MP3s on your Android to your local iTunes library when you sync. The star-rating is BB only at this point.

After I started using Google Listen for podcasts and the amazon MP3 store, I have not had any need to sync, however.

By the way, my tool is free and open source. Let me know if your would be interested in an Android version and I'll speed up the work getting it available.

Reactions: iron mongoose

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I tried the others, with unsatisfactory results, and finally got onto Motorola Media Link from a post by Darreno1. I'm really happy with it so far, having easily synced over 665 pictures and 1695 music files.

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Android convert here with a newbie question.

I'm getting my droidx in the mail. I open it up. I have 30,000 songs on my itunes, so I have no interest in stuffing my HD with songs. What's the best way to do this? I've read up on these forums and seemed think cubed looked like a cool player. So say I get cubed to be my player. It doesn't sync with itunes? So I need a sync program too? I get one of the ones you guys are voting on, and it syncs with my itunes to get the files on my phone. Do these sync softwares not already have players? What's the benefit of having a syncer and a different player? It seems redundant, but maybe not.

I guess the question is this: I sync files through isyncr, do they automatically go into cubed so I can play them? Is that necessary? Can I drag files into cubed somehow? Is there a good application that does both play and sync?

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Android convert here with a newbie question.

I'm getting my droidx in the mail. I open it up. I have 30,000 songs on my itunes, so I have no interest in stuffing my HD with songs. What's the best way to do this? I've read up on these forums and seemed think cubed looked like a cool player. So say I get cubed to be my player. It doesn't sync with itunes? So I need a sync program too? I get one of the ones you guys are voting on, and it syncs with my itunes to get the files on my phone. Do these sync softwares not already have players? What's the benefit of having a syncer and a different player? It seems redundant, but maybe not.

I guess the question is this: I sync files through isyncr, do they automatically go into cubed so I can play them? Is that necessary? Can I drag files into cubed somehow? Is there a good application that does both play and sync?

iSyncr is just a way for you to easily get your songs from itunes on to your phone. It has nothing to do with the player that you choose to use to listen to the music. Once the songs are on your phone, you determine which player you want to access them. You don't "copy" the songs to the music player.

If you use iSyncr, I believe all of your music has to be in the iSyncr folder, especially if you want to maintain the two-way syncing of playcounts and ratings.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
let me preface by saying - i've never used iTunes or any such software. i don't ever buy mp3s - i just stream music with Radio Time.

my question - why do you need sync software like this? why not just drag and drop mp3s onto your SD card and call it a day?

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Because it allows me to plug a Droid into a computer running iTunes, and have it automatically synchronize the 2 devices with the iTunes playlist of choice. If I delete something on either side, the other side is updated to reflect the change. It makes file management a lot easier than dragging and dropping, particularly if you have a lot of songs/albums that you're trying to manage. In my case, I have a specific playlist in iTunes called Droid X. I usually select multiple albums from my music collection and drag them into this playlist. From a file management standpoint, I find this a lot more user friendly.

Another advantage, is that it pushes the album art over as well. I haven't always had the best of luck with album art using the drag and drop method.

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Because it allows me to plug a Droid into a computer running iTunes, and have it automatically synchronize the 2 devices with the iTunes playlist of choice. If I delete something on either side, the other side is updated to reflect the change. It makes file management a lot easier than dragging and dropping, particularly if you have a lot of songs/albums that you're trying to manage. In my case, I have a specific playlist in iTunes called Droid X. I usually select multiple albums from my music collection and drag them into this playlist. From a file management standpoint, I find this a lot more user friendly.

Another advantage, is that it pushes the album art over as well. I haven't always had the best of luck with album art using the drag and drop method.

Also, I like the syncing because playcounts and ratings are important to me. I spent a great deal of time on my 15,000 songs and don't want to lose the work. iSyncr syncs playcounts and ratings from itunes to my phone and vice versa.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

which App do you use? a friend who just got an EVO just asked me about this.

and does my friend need to worry about copy protection with his iTunes music to play on EVO? he wants to give his iPod to his wife and use his EVO for music. what must he do? he wants simple, cheap, and easy.

thanks!

Last edited:

load97

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Tunesync Missing Album Art...

Has anyone found a way to correct the missing artwork when using Tunesync? I've sent an email of to the Dev with no response as of yesterday.

I do not keep .jpg's in a folder for my music collection. They are all embedded in to the songs file(Metadata). They are done correctly I might add as well. For whatever reason I can put the songs on my HTC Incredible anyway I want and the artwork displays correctly. But when I use Tunesync, most but not all songs are missing artwork. Also, I noticed that a few songs have longer track times than what they are suppose to have(only a few), yet they play just fine, and stop at the correct amount of time they are suppose to.

As an example: Any one of my music players on the phone will show the total track time of 4:16s, yet I know its only 3:59s and the song will play and end at 3:59s.

I've reinstalled the app etc once, but may try again. Through searching I've come across a few people with the artwork issue with nothing resolved.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
which App do you use? a friend who just got an EVO just asked me about this.

and does my friend need to worry about copy protection with his iTunes music to play on EVO? he wants to give his iPod to his wife and use his EVO for music. what must he do? he wants simple, cheap, and easy.

thanks!

iSyncr: LOVE IT. The Droid will not play DRM protected files.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey