Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Which Android launcher do you think is the best?

Voters
1268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stock Android

86 6.78%
  • PhilBlur

12 0.95%
  • Sense UI

141 11.12%
  • TouchWiz

39 3.08%
  • ADW

203 16.01%
  • Launcher Pro

657 51.81%
  • Other -- see my comments

127 10.02%
  • SlideScreen

3 0.24%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    = I C E D R E E =

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 - Stock 4.0.4

I use ADW launcher with Droid X theme , looks pretty cool in my MileStone
    I love the way I can customize it , scroll the menu in both ways (horizental & vertical) , hide the white notficaton tray (if you can't change it , hide it !) , the <transperant> not sure of the spelling main menu
    it's way better then the original android app espeically with that gray background , it's very ugly
    recently it started to force close some times even though I have the latest update , the one that was released few days ago
    the number of the screens is't an a problem to me since I use only 5 screens , but I like the feature of having up to 16 home screens

This was a hard decision but I vote LP because I like the elastic scrolling. ADW has more options but a lot of them I don't care for and I prefer the app drawer scrolling in LP. Both launchers are better than anything else out there IMO.

Default Launcher Pro

I really like the look and feel of launcher pro. My only problem with it is that for whatever reason many of my widgets will not work with it. I could potentially just not know what I am doing but I would like to think I do lol anybody else have that problem?
    DROID INCREDIBLE- FROYO

LauncherPro FTW!! i love the ability to change the image of the icons on the dock. also love how you can use it in landscape w/ evo 4g.
    Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4g > HTC Evo 3d> Galaxy S2> Sprint Galaxy S3> Tmobile Galaxy S3> Tmoble HTC One & Asus Transformer Pad Infiniti

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    ROM
    Miui 1.1.7.0,

Really, there's no competition- launcher pro plus!
    gtalk: Sethjk

I loved Launcher Pro when I was stuck with Sense, but since I'm on SkyRaider Vanilla, I am quite happy with the simplicity of the Generic Android Launcher.

I REALLY WANTED to like Sense, but since it won't go into Landscape mode, which I prefer on my motorcycle or in the dock with the car, I dropped it like a bad habit....

No Contest for me.... LauncherPro Plus dominates all the others for my uses.

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vaelpak 2.3 Ziggy Kernel

Launcher Pro is definately my 2nd choice. I do tend to use Sense UI alot just for the kick *** widgets HTC supplies.
    HTC Evo 4G running OTA 3.70.651.5 (Rooted) with Netarchy SBC Kernel 4.2.2

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

I prefer the stock launcher, but I wish it had the scroll speed of ADW/LPro.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It has got to be ADW for me I have sence on my device but don't use it, I have tried launcher pro but I keep coming back to ADW it just has that somethink about it that I can't resist
    Samsung galaxy Nexus i9250 stock
    Software Engineer

Global Posts
    1,880 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10.1 / Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by gbhil View Post
    For the record -- I voted ADW. Love all the options, and the fact that it's open source puts it over the edge for me.
    I may have to give ADW further consideration given that it IS Open Source. However, I voted for Launcher Pro because I think it does the best job of imitating the vanilla launcher while adding advanced features that are found in launchers like Sense.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

Software Engineer

www.gksmithlcw.com
    Thanked by:

Default Swipe

Quote Originally Posted by DroidGnome View Post
    What makes LP better imo, is the ability to ALSO have gesture control on an icon.
    I love this feature too, and it is why I use LP.

ROM
    CM10 Something...

Stock vanilla for me. I do like launcher pro and have been thinking of switching back.

I like Zeam on my Captivate. Has a snappier feel to it then the others I've tried.

hi guys. my first post here...
    to me Slidescreen Pro, looks and works the best. if you're google/twitter user, try it out, you'll have a lot of fun.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Zeam for me

Of course the Epic came with TouchWiz and I hated it's appearance, especially the awful pink of the Friendstream widget. So I took the plunge and went with Launcher Pro Plus. Since I haven't tried the others I don't have anything to compare it to. But I do like the customizable scrolling dock. I like that I can choose whatever Icon I want to launch whatever application I choose. I personally prefer the subdued icons.

I haven't done too much else with it but love it so far. So Launcher Pro Plus for me.

Launcher Pro Plus widgets give me a happy.

Currently, I'm sticking with LauncherPro, but ADW is a close second. I check on ADW from time to time to see if it's got something that puts it over the top. Either is a great choice for someone looking for a change from whatever default launcher they have.

The Blur launcher is boring (really, how often are you going to resize your widgets?) and the underlying changes to the Android system are terribly executed.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

LauncherPro all the way for me. I had Helix, but came running to LauncherPro when I heard about it.

Haven't looked back. I even have the free version.

Launcher Pro!
    Nexus FTW

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts

The LauncherPro Plus widgets are what set it apart from ADW for me.

Thumbs up Laucher Pro | PandaHome

I used PandaHome for a while, and I really liked the slide out trays. It was a nice way to group often used apps together.

But I finally ended up settling on LaucherPro Plus, which I really like. But I would love to see Frederico add those trays, that would totally rawk!
    (*Chris*)

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

I went with launcher pro. I've been using it for a while now and can't seem to trade it in for anything else. I just wish it was skinable.

LP+ here, and loving it.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast