Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What is your favorite text messaging app

Voters
497. You may not vote on this poll
  • Handcent

227 45.67%
  • Chomp

32 6.44%
  • Go SMS

175 35.21%
  • Other

63 12.68%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Default Re: Vote for your favorite SMS/MMS replacement app

I just changed from Handcent to Go SMS Pro. Haven't looked back. Go all the way!

Global Posts
    7,307 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Chomp gets my vote. Like Handcent and Go ad well. Chomp is the one that I regularly use.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I'm digging on Go SMS, except for the fact that I can't set my messages to display with my name and the contacts name in front of them. Sometimes its confusing to glance at a group of messages and then sort out whether my replies are on the right or left. Anyone know how to remedy this?

Quote Originally Posted by DrGreene View Post
    I'm digging on Go SMS, except for the fact that I can't set my messages to display with my name and the contacts name in front of them. Sometimes its confusing to glance at a group of messages and then sort out whether my replies are on the right or left. Anyone know how to remedy this?
    That's my gripe with Go SMS as well..haven't figure out a way to fix it

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 - 4.08 build

Go SMS was just too cartoony for me.. really like Handcent.
    wurdzuvwizdom likes this.

I've downloaded go sms pro on my galaxy s, how do I stop the stock text app from notifying my of a received text along with go sms? Any advice

I've been using MySMS for one single reason, I can receive a text on my phone and reply to it with either my PC or my tablet. I used to use Handcent but if I didn't need the multi-device connectivity I'd probably try Go at this point, sounds nice from what everyone else has said.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I like Go SMS Pro . Similar customization as others. Works well and has an included screen-shot feature. I don't know of any others that have that.

I used Handcent for a while, but a couple times a day it would open the wrong person's conversation from the list. At first i thought I was just selecting the wrong name by accident, but a few times it was a name too far away from where I was selecting. Made me nervous for the opportunity to send the wrong person a text.
    Thanked by 2:

I don't know if it's in the same catagory since it's not a true SMS replacement app, but I use SMS Popup (with the default Sense messaging app).

I've never been impressed with all the theming and customization of Handcent and GoSMS. I know some people love it, but I'm just not interested. But I do want popup notifications. SMS Popup with the stock messaging app works perfect for me.

I used to use GoSMS, but now with ICS I love the stock ICS SMS app.

i use stock but might try handcent...seems popular

Tried handscent and go msgs, and they are just too overdone imo. Stock msg app has always been sufficient for me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Mobster/Buttered Toast

I used GO SMS Pro for a while. It's a pretty good alternative to the stock Messaging app.

I've been using Handcent for a couple years now, it's usually one of the first apps I download. It's shares some of the great qualities that I pride android for, mostly customization. I mean from bubble color and font (for each individual person if wanted) to the size of the contacts name. It's my favorite messaging app

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jean15paul View Post
    I don't know if it's in the same catagory since it's not a true SMS replacement app, but I use SMS Popup (with the default Sense messaging app).

I've never been impressed with all the theming and customization of Handcent and GoSMS. I know some people love it, but I'm just not interested. But I do want popup notifications. SMS Popup with the stock messaging app works perfect for me.
    I loved SMS popup, but it does not work at all on my S3. The notification on the messaging app does not go away and the LED doesn't blink at all, or even show the right color. I am hoping they get that fixed soon.

Just started using Go SMS and loving it so I'm gonna go with that.

Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

I'm using a themed stock MMS.apk. personally I think its better than chomp, go or hand cent. Best of all there are no ads or other dev crap added.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Current: Verizon Galaxy Nexus with CM10
    Past: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Incredible
    Blackberry Bold, Blackberry Tour, Blackberry Curve
    Samsung Delve (what a joke but started it all)
    and a bunch of dumb phones

ChompSMS.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums
    Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice. - Dalton, Road House

In my opinion the best application to filter undesired calls and messages is the ABlacklist, it is a FREE Call Blocker/Call Filter and SMS interceptor for Android based systems. Very easy to configure, only that worked in my LG Phone,
    I recommend...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ablacklistlite

I have used gosms since day 1 and love it. Glad it's getting props.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

ChompSMS

Go SMS Pro

I wish I could pay them to stop the occasional message telling me all about their newest skins for sale, though.

--
    InfinityDevil
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345