Vote for your favorite SMS/MMS replacement app

What is your favorite text messaging app

• Total voters

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Chomp gets my vote. Like Handcent and Go ad well. Chomp is the one that I regularly use.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

DrGreene

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm digging on Go SMS, except for the fact that I can't set my messages to display with my name and the contacts name in front of them. Sometimes its confusing to glance at a group of messages and then sort out whether my replies are on the right or left. Anyone know how to remedy this?

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm digging on Go SMS, except for the fact that I can't set my messages to display with my name and the contacts name in front of them. Sometimes its confusing to glance at a group of messages and then sort out whether my replies are on the right or left. Anyone know how to remedy this?

That's my gripe with Go SMS as well..haven't figure out a way to fix it

sutton241

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I've downloaded go sms pro on my galaxy s, how do I stop the stock text app from notifying my of a received text along with go sms? Any advice

AurumTheDragon

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been using MySMS for one single reason, I can receive a text on my phone and reply to it with either my PC or my tablet. I used to use Handcent but if I didn't need the multi-device connectivity I'd probably try Go at this point, sounds nice from what everyone else has said.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I like Go SMS Pro . Similar customization as others. Works well and has an included screen-shot feature. I don't know of any others that have that.

I used Handcent for a while, but a couple times a day it would open the wrong person's conversation from the list. At first i thought I was just selecting the wrong name by accident, but a few times it was a name too far away from where I was selecting. Made me nervous for the opportunity to send the wrong person a text.

Reactions: otnman

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's in the same catagory since it's not a true SMS replacement app, but I use SMS Popup (with the default Sense messaging app).

I've never been impressed with all the theming and customization of Handcent and GoSMS. I know some people love it, but I'm just not interested. But I do want popup notifications. SMS Popup with the stock messaging app works perfect for me.

Cbollo

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Tried handscent and go msgs, and they are just too overdone imo. Stock msg app has always been sufficient for me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

plkevlar

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Handcent for a couple years now, it's usually one of the first apps I download. It's shares some of the great qualities that I pride android for, mostly customization. I mean from bubble color and font (for each individual person if wanted) to the size of the contacts name. It's my favorite messaging app

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it's in the same catagory since it's not a true SMS replacement app, but I use SMS Popup (with the default Sense messaging app).

I've never been impressed with all the theming and customization of Handcent and GoSMS. I know some people love it, but I'm just not interested. But I do want popup notifications. SMS Popup with the stock messaging app works perfect for me.

I loved SMS popup, but it does not work at all on my S3. The notification on the messaging app does not go away and the LED doesn't blink at all, or even show the right color. I am hoping they get that fixed soon.

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a themed stock MMS.apk. personally I think its better than chomp, go or hand cent. Best of all there are no ads or other dev crap added.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance