Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What is your favorite text messaging app

Voters
502. You may not vote on this poll
  • Handcent

227 45.22%
  • Chomp

33 6.57%
  • Go SMS

175 34.86%
  • Other

67 13.35%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: Vote for your favorite SMS/MMS replacement app

Emu has my vote. Back when it was supported for android. Until they're back on the market, I haven't been able to find a good one. All the ones you guys mentioned just don't do it for me. I like their customization, but I felt that it's all too generic for personalization.

Emu had great applications integrated in it that automatically responded to key words used in text.

Maybe some day..some day I'll find that one all amazing messaging app

Posted via HTC One M8

Hangouts is good.

Btw this poll should be updated with the new apps that have been published since it has been started.

For me is textra, no dought
    mrsmumbles and EgretOwl like this.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I always use standard applications

Textra

Posted via the Android Central App
    mrsmumbles and EgretOwl like this.

Textra

[T-Mobile]→ Note 4 - 32 gigs + 64 gig Samsung SD card
    EgretOwl likes this.

I installed textra today and I'm enjoying it

Inviato dal mio HTC One M9 utilizzando Tapatalk

I use textra simple fast and also beautiful

Posted via the Android Central App
    EgretOwl likes this.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Textra
    EgretOwl likes this.

I use Google's Messenger. it's a fast, clean and colorful.. plus it has all the functions I personally need in an SMS app.

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

Textra. Excellent app, love it.

Posted on shiny naked titanium silver Note 5 64Gb.
    EgretOwl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by digitallove View Post
    I googled for troubleshooting and ironically this was pretty much the only place where I really saw the problem replicated :/ It was only happening with one contact, though, but we're also close friends so of course we're going to text a lot and that just won't fly. I posted on the handcent bug reporting forums but so far no one's replied. I e-mailed go sms about my picture messaging issues a few days ago and so far nobody's replied. I've seen a few comments about people having their picture messages pend and pend for days and sometimes not even send at all on appbrain so I'm hoping they're able to fix it. I haven't had any of my texts split into 10 word ones yet.

I do miss the ringtone options I had in handcent, and the ability to have my screen unlock to see my quick reply windows pop up when I get texts. I tried chomp sms for about 10 minutes but wasn't feeling it.
    @@Asa 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    You can thank me later

Quote Originally Posted by irish22022 View Post
    It's funny, sounds like a lot of us are having similar experiences.

I had Handcent since the first day I got my droid x, 5 months ago or so. I text a lot. I customized the hell out of it, and LOVED it. I really thought it was genius. For Christmas, my dad got a Droid X, and I happened to be in town so I helped him set it up (he couldn't even answer a call... seriously).

So I thought to myself "hm, maybe I should take a couple risks. Instead of my default, Miren browser, I'm going to try this new dolphin mini for his phone (he'll really never know what he's missing either way, so it's low risk). I liked it, he did too. He said he wanted text pop ups. I thought handcent right away. Then I remembered reading GO SMS on xda forums. I remember downloading it a few months ago and it was too early in it's creation and really weak all around, but I tried it on his phone anyway to test the updates. I couldn't tell what it was that I liked so much about it. Just that it seemed the same on the surface as handcent, at about a third of the size. So I was intrigued.

I popped it on my phone, started playing with the customization, and within an hour I had removed handcent. The themed pop ups on go are completely awesome. But more importantly, it really is noticeably faster. Handcent has a pretty big upside when it comes to mms (you can now use their server to send big pictures instead of resizing them). BUT, GO SMS has speed, flash, usability, and is moving at an incredibly rapid pace. I reported a bug and it was fixed THAT night.

The devs behind GO are very talented, and really represent what Android is all about: New, fresh talent. I'm a huge fan and recommend everyone try it out for a day.

It makes me want to try GO Launcher, as a matter of fact... But I'm pretty attached to Fede...
    Questions @00@qZRhKhnHs51shPzrb

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

My vote goes to Textra. Great app.

Posted on shiny naked titanium silver Note 5 64Gb.
    EgretOwl likes this.

Chomp, really simple to use and has anything I need. Plus the great emoticons

Global Posts
    342 Global Posts

Verizon's Message+. Customizable and syncs on tablets and pc
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456