AC Asks: What's your favorite music player

levelm

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I use Slacker when with the family. My kids just punch in Barney and get all kids songs they love and enjoy. My wife rocks all 80s on Slacker but since I'm not a mainstream radio kind of guy I use the stock player on my Droid to play all my music. I haven't had any problems with it other than trying to shut it off.

paix120

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Pandora Radio

I love hooking my Droid up to my car's aux input so I can listen to Pandora on the road - it's replaced XM radio for me!
Renee

WAM

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
stock is awesome, just works, love the simplicity of it. no unneeded bells and whistles strait to the music

cklosowski

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I use the stock player with the Pure Music widget (4x2 widget) to control from the homescreen. It just works. No extras, nothing needed. Pandora when streaming, but it's not that often.

I haven't used my iPod Touch in about 2 months.

dnalevelc

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I use Pandora for Variety and I use Mixzing for when I want to listen to the stuff Pandora can't get me (local artists)

digitard#WN

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
It's a combo:

Streaming: Last.FM primarily
- I like Pandora, but I seem to like the general selection of last.fm more.

Standard (aka on device): TuneWiki

I haven't played w/ TuneWiki's other capabilities, but I enjoy it for on device music so far.

Ellett

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Mostly I know what I want to hear in which case I use HTC Music for Android, the stock player for my phone because it does the job and isn't too hard on the battery. It also lets me easily build playlists as I listen and even set the current piece as a ringtone.

If I want to play with my music, I'll use TuneWiki if I want to discover lyrics or MixZing to build a mood list, but both of those eat up the battery much faster so they're better if there's a USB charging port nearby.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Slacker for streaming audio and the stock player for my stored music but only because it's the only player I know of that the bluetooth remote buttons work with for my S9-HD headset.

victumxfides

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have been a fan of last.fm for something like four years now and love having all my music tracked/compared w/ friends and such. However lately I have been using pandora since i discovered you can have stations based off of multiple artists and songs, this discovery has kept me w/ pandora. Slacker's music selection seemed pretty sad to me, never gave me what I wanted.

As for music on my phone I used to use meridian, I really liked it, most the time, however I did not at all like the new UI brought about a month or so ago so when my droid got replaced a couple weeks ago I just stuck with the stock player. It's not everything I would wish for in a media player, but it is simple and works well. Currently looking to try some of the ones suggested here..

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I use the Stock Sense Music Player on my Hero (now with 2.1 ;)) I'm thinking about taking my music off my SD card and just using a streaming music player or using something like a home server

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7