AC Asks: What's your favorite music player

Sener

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
to hear my mp3's i use music mod, When i want to hear certain genres or eras, i use Pandora, And for fun i use tunewiki

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
PowerAMP - go to XDA-Developers in Android Apps and Games section and get the beta. It blows the doors off everything else I've tried (Cubed, MusicMod, WinAmp, stock). The interface is super-slick and easy-to-navigate, the widget is nice, and best of all there there's a deep EQ and fully customizable pre-amp section. It is a whole new level, and it's still in beta. Check it out.

eldiablex

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Eliot Stocker's MusicMod !!

Actually as said above, PowerAMP does look pretty interesting.. shall be giving it a go now

Last edited:

MitchRapp

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
yeah seriously, since yesterday's release of Winamp, I'm gonna have to go and say WINAMP.

To make the app absolutely perfect (it's a beta, so I understand!), it will need:

- download album art
- refresh music found on phone
- winamp skins
- equalizer

so far so good... it's already the best music playing app on the market and it's 1 day old

sensatti

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I like winamp a lot but have to uninstall and go back to stock music player as every music player i have tried messes up my bluetooth controls in my truck for pandora. If i try to skip a track in any other music application (pandora) it automatically turns on the other music player and both of them play simultaneously.

If I could figure out how to resolve this, winamp would win.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Winamp for years on my PC, so when I saw it available for android I downloaded. I was disappointed to learn "ShoutCast" was not part of the Beta version. I have been looking for a player in which I can listen to my favorite station "Groove Salad". I think Verizon may be blocking streaming from Soma fm which carries groove salad. I have been unsuccessful in finding a player which will play streaming music from Soma. Anyone have suggestions?

blashandroid

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Winamp for years on my PC, so when I saw it available for android I downloaded. I was disappointed to learn "ShoutCast" was not part of the Beta version. I have been looking for a player in which I can listen to my favorite station "Groove Salad". I think Verizon may be blocking streaming from Soma fm which carries groove salad. I have been unsuccessful in finding a player which will play streaming music from Soma. Anyone have suggestions?

Not sure if you found an answer on this. I really enjoy Groove Salad on Somafm as well and couldn't find any of the mp3 players that could stream this channel either (tried PlayerPro, Doubletwist and others). But there are a couple of radio specific apps that are done very well and access SomaFM/GS streaming at 128 (depending on your data connection/location). Check out the two below.

TuneIn Radio: TuneIn Radio - Android app on AppBrain

Android Online Radio: A Online Radio - Android app on AppBrain

sukjeffrey

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been using PowerAMP! I had problems with the music player that my DX came in because whenever I removed music from my sdcard, the filenames and albums would still be shown on the player. PowerAMP's been working great for me. And I love the part that lets me choose any music from my ringtone (but I'm sure a lot of other good music apps allow you to do that). :)

chefdave12118

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
This may be a touchy subject for some people but The Howard Stern show is on the Siriusxm android market now. So everyone with all that clunky satellite equipment can now throw the antennas, radios, cables etc in the garbage and plug your smart phone into your aux and enjoy the greatest radio performer of all time. Unfortunately he is on vacation until Jan 3rd but he has the history of Howard stern on. It's in his contract to be on smart phones for the next 5 years. Goodbye satellite equipment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000