- 03-15-2010, 07:57 AM #101
- 03-15-2010, 07:57 AM #102
- 03-15-2010, 08:44 AM #103
- 03-15-2010, 08:54 AM #104
- 03-15-2010, 09:04 AM #105
- 03-15-2010, 09:16 AM #106
- 03-15-2010, 09:18 AM #107
- 03-15-2010, 09:31 AM #108
- 2 Posts
I have a Nexus1 and I use mixzing for my own music due to the suggestions and widgets.
last.fm for streaming because its free (in my country) and it has evrey song I have searched for.
I really liked the HTC music player when I had a Hero for the lockscreen control and the great widget.
- 03-15-2010, 09:43 AM #109
- 03-15-2010, 09:50 AM #110
- 03-15-2010, 09:54 AM #111
- 03-15-2010, 10:14 AM #112
- 03-15-2010, 10:31 AM #113
- 03-15-2010, 10:36 AM #114
- 03-15-2010, 10:47 AM #115
- 1 Posts
I get the feeling from the replies that not many people use Rhapsody yet because it's still in beta, but it's by far my favorite music player and my favorite application on android for that matter. Of all the devices I run Rhapsody on (several squeezeboxes, a mac, a sansa rhapsody player, and a pc) the android version has been the most stable.
Last week my droid screen broke (probably from, um, impact with the ground) and I had to get a new one. The music collection I had on the player is gone and I'll probably never reload it now that I can just use rhapsody. I do need a new invisible shield now though...
- 03-15-2010, 10:58 AM #116
Really wish I had the sense player. I don't really like the stock and I want to see the enhancements being promised by Mixzing. The music player is really my least favorite feataure of the droid.
definitely miss gapless playback and soundtracks have issues becuase they contain music by different artists and therefore teh music player sees them as different albums with the same names.gtalk: Sethjk
- 03-15-2010, 11:19 AM #117
- 03-15-2010, 12:04 PM #118
- 03-15-2010, 12:31 PM #119
- 5 Posts
I have been experimenting since getting my phone the beginning of February. Before running 2.1 on my Eris, I used the stock player and Pandora. Since the 2.1 leak, I have tried Slacker, LastFM and Rhapsody beta and yet I find myself enjoying Pandora and occasionally Music Online Lite much more. Recently downloaded MixZing and so far it has worked for me. Might try Meridian before I make a final selection on my personal music player. As for Rhapsody... an additional $15 A MONTH for their service???? On top of what I pay for my phone service??? Give me a break. I will stick with Pandora thank you very much.
- 03-15-2010, 01:07 PM #120
- 1 Posts
Pandora, Mixzing & AOR get my votes
1)Pandora, as many have said, streams beautifully.
2) Mixzing, is a nice app which I prefer for playing my local MP3 files. It has a great little widget, it downloads missing album art, and shuffles my ~6GB of music on my Nexus One by all, playlist, artist, etc. It also has a switchable "itunes genius" like feature to grab similar tunes from your collection.
3)A Online Radio. There are also times when I want to stream FM or internet radio over the ether to my android. AOR lets me mark my favorite streaming radio stations quickly (e.g. WWOZ)
I am quite happy with these options, more so than I thought I would be coming over from an iPhone. Thanks to the other suggestions (e.g. "3") written up in this thread. Looks like there are cool things coming up fast. The Android mkt is indeed open, active and vibrant.
- 03-15-2010, 01:28 PM #121
- 03-15-2010, 01:53 PM #122
Just downloaded Mixzing... very nice! It adds Genre playing on the Cliq that the stock Android Music Player doesn't have.
I used an HTC Hero for a short while and the HTC Sense Music Player also had a great feature that showed the album art on the lock screen and even allowed you to pause/play, skip to next song or previous song and even turn volume up/down all from the lock screen!
Are there any music players out there that can do this? Definitely worth paying for these features (IMHO)...
- 03-15-2010, 02:02 PM #123
As there are no cases that keep the sleek and small feel of the Cliq I'd love to win an Invisible Skin.
- 03-15-2010, 02:35 PM #124
- 03-15-2010, 02:59 PM #125