How do I clear RAM which is 90 full?

cee9999

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
How to clear RAM which is 90% full

Samsung GT-5110. Tried closing apps, but can't reduce RAM which is nearly full and tablet is lagging

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to clear RAM which is 90% full

First, welcome to the Android Central! Glad to have you aboard, but sorry to hear about your problems.

Does the lag persist through a reboot cycle? There are a lot of reasons why your tablet could be lagging. If your apps are jagging, jittery or slow, chances are it might not be RAM.... Android handles RAM and tries to load as many apps in memory as it can, closing apps when needed. This allows faster switching between apps and isn't normally a problem. People who obsessively close out their Recent Apps screen are actually doing more harm than good... as do "Cleaner" apps.

There might be a rogue process. Installed apps often install services that load when the tablets boots... these services can bog things down and they are often just checking for notifications... i.e. "Your friend played a word!". My daughter uses a tablet and every once and a while I have to go in and clean things up as there would be a dozen or so useless background services (launched by her games) slowing things down.

What version of Android are you running? Go into the Settings->Apps->Running tab... what apps are running and what are the memory stats. To get a good look at the actual running processes, you might have to download a task monitor. I happen to like Elixir2. But it can report what stats are running, much like Task Manager on a Windows box does.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech