Why does my "System Data" increase while I play music?

Ike444

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Whenever I leave my LG G Stylo playing music overnight or just playing music whenever I get a message saying that my internal storage is running low. One time I woke up to find it with only 4 kb available! I've noticed that the "System Data" file under miscellaneous in my storage settings seems to increase about 0.01 GB for every song that I play. I've already had to hard reset my phone twice because the lack of memory doesn't let me do anything. I've tried using MMI codes to delete data, but every code that I use seems to be invalid. I want to know what's going on and how to prevent it from happening.
P.S. All my music is saved on my SD Card and my mobile carrier is Cricket Wireless
Please and thank you in advance!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Are you playing music that's stored locally on the device or are you streaming from Google Play Music? In Play Music, tap the hamburger menu then tap settings. On there is an option to cache music while streaming, turn that off.

Oh, this isn't RAM that's getting gobbled up, it's just the internal storage.

Brockbroyles31

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever figure out your problem cuz I have the same phone it is doing the same thing to my phone after listeing to music and now I can't receive or send texts due to lack of storage and my system data keeps getting higher

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever figure out your problem cuz I have the same phone it is doing the same thing to my phone after listeing to music and now I can't receive or send texts due to lack of storage and my system data keeps getting higher

Did you take a look at my suggestion? Was the cache option checked?