How come my pics on memory card say unsupported file

c-smith

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
So i have tried a 64gb and 128gb memory card in my phone, before i have inserted card i have formatted it. After a while of taking pics with my phone the picture then wount load up in my gallery and says unsupported file, with a icon on a pic torn in half. Can someone help with this please

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to tell you, but it seems your phone is damaging the SD Cards (or you have very bad luck and got two damaged cards). That icon shows up when the file is corrupted or the card is damaged. You can try to recover the pictures if you can still read the files on a computer, but if the file is corrupted, chances are it's gone :(

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
When I had phones with SD cards (not for a few years now), I learned this critical rule: do not allow your camera to save images directly to the SD card. Save them to RAM and then move them later if you wish.

If you save directly to the SD card, you WILL encounter corrupt files. Maybe just one or two occasionally, maybe most of them. But it WILL happen.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
yup, I had several issues with SD cards and Samsung phones in the past, so after the Note 3, I stopped using them and learned my lesson. Now I only use them for movies and files I already have elsewhere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey