This is a guide on how to root your MetroPCS LG Esteem.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
Credit goes to AndroidNerds.net
Step 1: Go to Settings - Applications - Development and make sure that "USB Debugging" is checked
Step 2: Connect phone to your PC
Step 3: Download this zip:
Step 4: Unpack
Step 5: Double Click run.bat
Step 6: And watch the magic happen!
Not with this method. There is a method for Mac coming soon from what I hear.
If you plug it into the mac, what you do is use the mac version of the sdk, and do the commands in the bat file in order (the adb one's) with terminal, just extracting the LG Esteem zip. It worked for me without a hitch on linux.
EDIT: Make sure you extract in the same dir as ADB is installed.
ADB must be a common sense thing- everyone mentions it, but there is not a single freaking site that offers a download for it... not for LG Esteem. Links for everything else... but nothing for ADB... yet they all require it. Getting very frustrated!
I followed all the instructions... all I get is a dos window that says adb server out of date... killing. my drivers are all up to date. I don't know how to get past this point... definitely don't wanna brick my phone. can anyone help please?