4G Android front buttons light up with charger, but still doesn't turn on even w/ new battery??

lolilawl

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
My lg motion android phone spontaneously turned off on me while i was listening to music while it was charging, and ever since then won't turn on. When connected to a Duracell charger, the three front keys light up and blink, and then stop after sometime...The battery doesn't work on another phone and a new battery will still not start up the phone. What could it be? So spontaneously??? I have it connected to the charger still and only those three lights function, and removing and putting the battery back do nothing, new or old! Don't wanna lose my data..

The Duracell charger is the only one that is allowing my phone to light up like this cause the LG charger is not helping. Could it be something internal that i could fix???
Changing the battery did nothing :':)':)':)':)':)':)':)'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry to hear you're having problems. First, try holding down the power button for a good 20-30 seconds to see if anything happens. If not, then leave it on the charger for a full day, then try again.

lolilawl

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
B. Diddy, wow thank you for your time! I hold down the power button alone for that long, while connected to the charger, and i get either multiple flashes, or when i take out the battery while it's connected to the charger a single flash...but that's power button with volume down key.
I left the charger connected last night for about 5-6 hours..and nothing.

I'll attempt to leave it on today for very long too. This so frustrating you know! Mostly because i did nothing to cause it :(:(:(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How old is the phone? There's always the possibility that it just failed somehow. It's a little concerning that your original LG charger doesn't do anything--that might suggest the charger is faulty, but it might also suggest that the charging hardware within the phone is faulty. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you ...

lolilawl

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I got the phone in January of 2013..but it was made in December of 2012.
It's unusual though that a good battery will still not work with the phone! My battery will not work on another LG Motion, and the good battery from that other LG Motion will not work on mine! :( Yes only this Duracell charger causes the phone lights to light up! LG charger does not...and they tried it in the MetroPCS store too...their chargers didn't cause the same effect as the Duracell one. Oh B. Diddy, i'm worried! Crap i just want my stuff inside. That's it!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just because the Duracell charger causes the buttons to light up doesn't necessarily mean it's charging the phone correctly. Try leaving the phone on your LG charger for 24 hrs, then try powering up again. If that doesn't work, then try leaving it on the Duracell charger for another 24 hrs. If none of this works, ask MetroPCS about sending the phone in for warranty repair, or contact LG directly.

lolilawl

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey B.! So in the desperation, i went to re-troubleshoot.

I discovered that the battery that is in my phone is not faulty, as it worked in the other lg motion that i have here, and it charges just fine! NOW, i've discovered i have another issue at hand. My phone is not reading any batteries, so suddenly. Do you have any idea what i can do about this? I don't know why it wouldn't read batteries out of nowhere, and this is why it is not turning on. :(

In discovering that the battery that was in my phone works on the other, i have come to the conclusion that it is a fault within the phone, and i'd like to know exactly what!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It really sounds like a significant hardware failure. Talk to your local MetroPCS store to see if they can help you get a replacement. They might tell you to call LG directly. Since your phone is under a year old, it should still be covered be warranty. I think that's the most help I can give at this point. Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App

William Gallardo

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I Need help with my lg motion ms870

Okay so my phone isnt dead it actually still charges, BUT when i hold the power button to turn it on it freezes at the metropcs logo screen, acter that it doesnt do anything and i cant access any of my stuff on the phone.... basically it wont go past the logo screen and i have some data on the phone i dont want to lose, can you please help me??? :(:(:(

William Gallardo

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Okay so my phone isnt dead it actually still charges, BUT when i hold the power button to turn it on it freezes at the metropcs logo screen, acter that it doesnt do anything and i cant access any of my stuff on the phone.... basically it wont go past the logo screen and i have some data on the phone i dont want to lose, can you please help me??? ...... only reposting it because its pretty urgent..

haleyshamblin1

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much... I cant live with out my phone and it cut off while it was on the charger and wouldn't come back on.. I thought I was going to die so I started googleing and it worked thank you so much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo