Snap Out Menu

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Not possible unless rooted. There are similar apps on the market that have settings that might do it.

dozonian

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Not sure I'm ready to root it yet. Just a newbee on Android. Came over from PalmOS. Looking for a setting so the only sounds are for calls and message notification.

:-\

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Not sure I'm ready to root it yet. Just a newbee on Android. Came over from PalmOS. Looking for a setting so the only sounds are for calls and message notification.

:-\

I'm new since may and this is my first android. I've found lots of stuff on the market that have improved my experience with the commando. be sure and search over there. It's amazing what you can find. Also, I'm not rooted either and have zero issues with my commando so didn't see the reason to. I don't even use the slide out menu. five screens are more than enough to hold what I need.

snups900

May 29, 2011
Visit site
well thanks anyways guys. i found a different forum that had my answer and helped out a lot faster then here. so i wont be back on here. no one is assisting anyone.

:-\:-\:-\

NeilthePilot

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Well the poster complained about no one helping anyone, but did he pass on the info, NO.

Here it is. The phone must be rooted. Then using a file program find the sound files.

/data/data/com.nec.Android.NCMC.homeapp/files

This is a quote from another forum:

Are you sure that you ""converted" the .mp3 file, or did you just rename it?
BIG difference.
Do the sounds play when you click on them within the phone?

I did a small experiment for you.

I deleted the 2.ogg and 4.ogg files. (the snap-out sounds)
I then copied the 1.ogg and 3.ogg files to the SD card and renamed them as 2.ogg and 4.ogg, respectively.
I then moved them to the /data/data/....(where i previously sdeleted them from).

If you try the snap out menu before rebooting, it sounds like it did originally.
If you reboot, they take on the replacement sound files I copied and renamed.

I suggest that the system retains them in RAM until the phone reboots, so the changes don't appear until you reboot.
I also suggest that if you do not leave the system with a valid .ogg file to use, it somehow finds a proper copy and replaces the file.....making the system original.

The keys steps are:
1-Make sure you replace it with a proper .ogg file.
2-The changes will not take until you reboot.

Lastly.......I hate the crappy Home app.
Once replaced with something like Go Launcher EX, you will never hear those sounds again. That, and it is alot easier than trying to fix the sound files.
I get way more function out of Go Launcher EX......and I completely removed the Home app from the system using Titanium.

I had to bring it back for one reason: To try to help you.

I've found the files myself but havn't changed them. I think I would like to just tone them down abit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae