Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hi_Tech_Redneck
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Default Internal Memory Warning Won't Go Away

Hey guys,
    I have a user who has the Pantech Breakout. She constantly has the low memory warning on her notification bar. She only has 25MB of internal storage left, so I guess the message is understandable, however, it appears she has moved all she can to the SD card. The amount of bloatware on that thing is phenomenal! I have a rooted Thunderbolt with CM7 so I've forgotten about the horror of bloatware especially on a device like this that has practically no internal storage and you can't uninstall that stuff.

Any magical advice on a solution for this? Even if we could just get that message to go away, that would be better than nothing.

Thanks,

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy-Venus2-1.0.1

Default Re: Internal Memory Warning Won't Go Away

"As a fan of rooting, I wish I was able to on this phone! Bloatware = teh suck." - Root it. I just did it, flashed a ROM and buh-bye bloatware, hello TONS of free space.
    Last edited by aimeeattitude; 04-07-2012 at 01:25 PM.
    .aimee attitude.
    HTC Evo -> Samsung Epic -> Samsung Focus -> HTC Inspire -> Samsung Infuse -> DROID Pro

i need help and don't understand your fix could you please explain in laymans terms. i am old school and don't understand all this tech stuff. but would reallyl like to get rid of the low memory on my phone. thanks :confused:

Ok, my Pantech Breakout is rooted and I am using Titanium Backup. I have deleted a few of the pre-installed apps using Titanium Backup, but my available memory does not seem to increase. Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by aimeeattitude View Post
    "As a fan of rooting, I wish I was able to on this phone! Bloatware = teh suck." - Root it. I just did it, flashed a ROM and buh-bye bloatware, hello TONS of free space.

Clean the Dalvik cache (under additional options in Titanium Backup). You'll be prompted regarding how much additional space you can free up.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Memory prob won't go away. I've deleted apps, email accounts, messages. Android Booster shows plenty of internal memory, but the TASK MANAGER still shows less memory than ever - 345 of 346 used.

Not rooted, don't have instructions to. 1st, can't the memory be fixed w/out rooting?
    2nd, can you provide rooting instructions, if that's my only or far best option?

-Nick

1. You need to root your phone.
    I rooted my Breakout using this and had no problem:

http://androidforums.com/breakout-al...y-all-one.html

Rooting your phone is the only way to freeze/disable/remove stock apps. I used titanium backup to freeze/uninstall bloatware. Highly recommended.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by 10011101 View Post
    1. You need to root your phone.
    I rooted my Breakout using this and had no problem:

http://androidforums.com/breakout-al...y-all-one.html

Rooting your phone is the only way to freeze/disable/remove stock apps. I used titanium backup to freeze/uninstall bloatware. Highly recommended.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by 10011101
    Clean the Dalvik cache (under additional options in Titanium Backup). You'll be prompted regarding how much additional space you can free up.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Android Central Forums
    Between these two suggestions, my daughters phone has freed up more than half of memory, and also moving whatever apps that would move, moved to the sd card. No more notifications.
    Thank you both
    Sergei Petrenko likes this.