Will a Casio Ruggedized Smartphone ever have ICS?

Rockbeast

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I understand the Commando has a 800 MHz processor. I have read that Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) is typically going to run well on a faster processor (e.g., 1GHz or faster). That makes me think the Commando won't get ICS. Has anyone been looking into this question and have anything more definitive to offer?

I could really use a ruggedized phone in my business (hence why I'm interested in the Commando), and I come from a webOS smartphone (2 year old launch day Pre+ on VZW). If I have to leave webOS, ICS is the next most interesting OS to me. I saw THIS THREAD about the next possible Casio smartphone...but no details/specs.

Does anyone have anything interesting to share on this topic? My inquiring mind would like to know!

paxchristos

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Apparently, ics has a minimum standard of arm V7....this phone has arm v7... Also, a phone with the same chipset (evo shift 3g) can be overclocked to 1.8GHz... Don't count this pony outta the race, yet...

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Rockbeast

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, ics has a minimum standard of arm V7....this phone has arm v7... Also, a phone with the same chipset (evo shift 3g) can be overclocked to 1.8GHz... Don't count this pony outta the race, yet...

I like ponies...OK, I'll keep my hopes up! Has anyone overclocked the Commando yet? I'm coming from a webOS device, I use Govnah and Uberkernal to overclock the 600MHz Pre+ to 1 GHz. I don't know anything yet about overclocking an Android device.

But...it is logical to keep options open, and myself aware....myselfawareness? Is that a word?... So is there anything new on the next generation of Casio ruggedized smartphones?

paxchristos

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I like ponies...OK, I'll keep my hopes up! Has anyone overclocked the Commando yet? I'm coming from a webOS device, I use Govnah and Uberkernal to overclock the 600MHz Pre+ to 1 GHz. I don't know anything yet about overclocking an Android device.

But...it is logical to keep options open, and myself aware....myselfawareness? Is that a word?... So is there anything new on the next generation of Casio ruggedized smartphones?

I'm currently working on an oc kernel for the commando, because there is no easy way to overclock without a new kernel.
If you head on over to www.Androidforums.com there is a thread under the commando section about next gen commando...

Rockbeast

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Paxchristos, any luck with that Commando kernal?

I haven't seen anything more about that 'ruggedized' concept Casio smartphone...anybody else heard anything more?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey