Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    G/B-I.C.S / Gingerbread

Exclamation Pantech Burst

I have been everywhere trying to get information on the Pantech Burst, so I'm trying here to see if I can get any help.

I had Rom Manager on this device, and flashed Pantech Presto recovery to this device, then my phone was doing just fine, and not too long afterwards my phone restarted, and now it only gets to the Pantech screen, and never goes any further. I can get to S/W Upgrading screen, and also I can get into clockwork mod recovery, but it just doesn't look or act right, it has a pink fuzzy kinda' look to it, and I can scroll through all of the options, but when it comes to button options, the vol up and down, both go up and down, the menu button scrolls down and the home button scrolls up, the back button does nothing, the search button does nothing, and power button does nothing...any help?

Clockwork Mod V 6.0.1.3-attached is the recovery picture with pink screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pantech Burst-img_20120927_184855.jpg  

Default Re: Pantech Burst

If you can bring the set into swupdate then you can use official ics updator from pantech site to reset and reinstall your ics...
    Set can be brought to update menu by pressing vol+ + vol- + power...

Quote Originally Posted by herecomesmaggi View Post
    If you can bring the set into swupdate then you can use official ics updator from pantech site to reset and reinstall your ics...
    Set can be brought to update menu by pressing vol+ + vol- + power...
    Could you expound on this please? I've been learning Android by jumping in the deep end, which means I've certainly messed some stuff up (which I fully expected). I'd like to restore to a blank, stock ICS. When using the update tool (NOT in s/w Upgrade mode), it tells me I have the latest and does nothing.

Do you mean to say that if I can get to s/w upgrade screen then I can run the tool from my desktop (obviously, plugged in via USB) and it'll restore a factory default?

Yes dude.... If u messed something up and u wanna complete factory reset then u should install official pantech burst updater from official website and install it on ur PC...
    Then go to sw download mode on ur handset by pressing volume+ + volume- and power while turned off. Plug in the cable and run updater. U will be good as original in few min.