1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Padfone 2

Since the upcomming LG nexus is a desapointment to me with only 8 or 16 gb storage and no ext sd card, Im gonna get myself a padfone 2. It'll own everything besides the LG optimus G. I was thinking of getting the galaxy note 2, but i think the padfone is an overall better solution.

I'm just not sure if the LTE 4g will work in my country. Different operators run 4g at 800, 900 , 1800 and , 2600 mhz here in Denmark and the padfone 2 is said to use most of those frekvenzies, but are there other things to consider when determining if a phone can use the LTE?

/Thomas

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Padfone 2

well it shold work, it is pretty much only the band determining LTE capabilities. and Telia sells it as a 4g phone
    and awesome choice if i might add. im picking mine up this week,

/Christian .B.A

Thumbs up Re: Padfone 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tcd74 View Post
    Since the upcomming LG nexus is a desapointment to me with only 8 or 16 gb storage and no ext sd card, Im gonna get myself a padfone 2. It'll own everything besides the LG optimus G. I was thinking of getting the galaxy note 2, but i think the padfone is an overall better solution.

I'm just not sure if the LTE 4g will work in my country. Different operators run 4g at 800, 900 , 1800 and , 2600 mhz here in Denmark and the padfone 2 is said to use most of those frekvenzies, but are there other things to consider when determining if a phone can use the LTE?

/Thomas

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums
    I own a Padfone 2 and Padstation (64 GB in black) and it's a quicker phone than the LG Optimus G - see attached AnTuTu benchmark:

It's pretty much the quickest phone on the market just now and the best in my opinion! I've had a play with most of what is currently available and there is daylight between the ASUS Padfone 2 and anything else out there.. another attractive feature for me was the distinct lack of bloatware that seems to dog down the Samsungs and HTC's..

A couple of notes around storage:

(1) Although there is no expandable on board storage - ASUS do give you 50GB free cloud storage (well at least for 2 years it's free anyway!)
    (2) The Padfone 2 also works with USB OTG cables so you can connect external storage and read/write files to that if needed (i.e. USB thumb drives/HDD's etc)

Hope this helps!