- 2 Posts
DIsplay shuts off during call
Does anyone know how to shut this feature off? To be more specific, when I make a call to anyone, even if I don't put the phone up to my face, the screen goes black, and I have to hit the power button to turn the screen back on, swipe the lock button, and then I'm back to the call. Really frustrating when you have to enter an extension number or call tech support for instance where they normally ask you to enter at least three separate numbers before you can talk to someone.
My screen timeout is set to 2 minutes, but the blackout is at the beginning of the call, almost exactly when I hit the green button. It also continues to occur through the call, so making a conference call difficult or multitasking with a browser while making a call.
Thank you for your time.
- 11-01-2012, 06:31 PM #2
- 11-02-2012, 08:50 AM #4
- 11-03-2012, 12:44 AM #5
- 11-03-2012, 12:59 AM #6
- 359 Posts
- Tiamat 2.1.0 Manta Ray
Re: DIsplay shuts off during call
Nevermind. I could have sworn there was. Its using the light sensor, when its close to your face it blacks the screen so your not pushing buttons. When you move it away from your face it should come back up automatically. Give it a sec or 2 and see if it comes back, you might be locking it if your pushing the button to fast.
- By scott750 in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 12-28-2012, 11:37 PM
- By iSTANKi in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 15Last Post: 01-11-2012, 02:15 PM
- By damage98 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 10Last Post: 11-13-2011, 03:40 PM
- By Kage_ in forum AT&T ATRIXReplies: 3Last Post: 09-02-2011, 09:07 PM
- By PurpleSocialist in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 0Last Post: 07-30-2011, 09:07 AM