Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Default Re: D2 Pad Rooting and Google Play

Quote Originally Posted by thereal_bigjake View Post
    Download an app that needs root permisions and you will know...
    Cool, ES File ExplorerManager just asked for root permission, so I guess it is rooted! Woohoo!
    Now if I can just figure out how to get apps installed on the external SD card. Two of the apps that I had moved there with ES File Explorer/Manager only stayed there until I rebooted the tablet, and then they were "mysteriously" moved back to the internal SD card. Maybe this thing is possessed. *yikes!*

If anyone's interested I found a sale on these tablets, both versions HERE:

D2 Pad 1.2GHz 1GB 4GB 7" Capacitive Touchscreen Tablet DII PAD_WH D2 Pad

I gave the D2 to the kid and got a Nexus 7 :sly: D2 was way too slow, lol..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

My biggest problem so far is the memory glitch... love the tab but this memory thing is annoying... I'm gonna email the manufacturer for a solution

I am confused how to get google, but I know how to get those little kid apps from the d2 tablet.

First: Download ROM Tool box lite
    Next:Go to app manager in the app
    Then: Hold down the preloaded app you want to freeze or delete
    Last but not least: Tap delete

Congratulations you took out the preloaded app.

Sent from my DROID2 using Android Central Forums

Can someone please help me. I have a d2 pad we bought for my daughter well somehow she deleted moblie 1 market and I can't get it back on. It keeps saying it failed. I am having so many problems. Please help

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

So i got this tablet for christmas, and i seem to have a major glitch in mine. whenever it 'sleeps', either by pushing the power button or having it time out(a minute or whatever), the system clock or perhaps all processes, seem to stop. i'll let it sleep at like 3:15pm, check on it 2 hours later, and the clock will still say 3:15pm. does this every single time. tried factory reset and still doing this. What would you guys do in my shoes? try putting a different kernal on it(i really dont know what i'm saying, but i hear that word a lot, kernal). Any way of fixing it?

Does any 1 know how to get the d2 pad to connect to my LG esteem? I have my esteem rooted and tried open garden wifi and barnicle wifi. it finds the opengarden but when I try to connect it does nothing.and can't find any when I use the barnical wifi. any help will be greatly appreciated. Ty vm

use the app Wifi-tether and choose the Optimus S for the phone profile....

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Ty vm. one more thing my son wants mine craft on his d2 pad I downloaded the game from a site on my comp and tried to put it on his tablet but it won't install any way u can help me out with that? Ty vm

Can you send me the instructions and links so I can get google play to work on this d2 or how to install the lastest andriod
    Os on this thing

[email address removed]

Everything you need to install google play is in this thread including a how to.... As far as a new ROM, I don't think there is one yet..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I found the the GApps was missing on my Device. I have an outstanding question with D2 Support on why it was not installed (maybe because this device is not a supported Google Device). If you install the GApps you should be able to access the PlayStore. You should be able to download a Signed Version for ICS 4.0.4 from Goo.IM or by going here: Google Apps - RootzWiki

Same here bought it at Big lots.

I bought a D2 and i cant get the Kindle App to work... i downloaded a few books and cant see the words i have called customer service which doesnt know anything! i have memorized the instructions and i have tried to down load the upgrade... NOT WORKING!!!! UGH! is there something i can do diretly ON THE tablet and not have to download some link on to a PC and extract it to the tablet? i am NOT a computer wiz! LOL!

can someone make it a little easier to understand? i have no clue what your saying but i need google play on my d2pad as well for my magic tree game

For anyone who couldnt get this method to work

first im running d2 pad, android 4.1.1, serial 201301, so the newest I've seen so far

the method here worked great for me
    [RK29][TOOL] Root RK29 Tab Toolkit - xda-developers
    just follow toolkit instructions exactly
    google play store works with no problems latest version after install
    (found apk through simple google search then converted to system app via titanium backup)

Quote Originally Posted by jyoungun76 View Post
    I figured it out. What's going on is lovely chinese quality control... some of the root files for google services are missing on some of the tablets. It was not hard to fix but figuring it out was frustrating. I again have bigjake to thank for the fix. I'll tell you how I fixed it. The app names are in " ".

1. Follow the steps listed by bigjake on the first page of this thread install "SuperSu" from the 1Mobile Market store (to make sure your tablet is rooted... I don't know what that means but it seems to be important), followed by the google "Market" app (Found here: Google Play>> https://www.box.com/shared/91mm4qpqfsw9risc2uee ), then "Titanium Backup" (Found here: Titanium Backup>> https://www.box.com/shared/gevpiazj5q14riad46vl ). Thanks to bigjake for the files. You will need to go to the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet find and click on the "Downloads" app and install the files you downloaded (just click on them and install).... Don't bother trying to open the market just yet, you'll just get annoyed.

2. Open "Titanium Backup", answer yes to all the advisories that you want to.. the developer even has some new cool apps for you to see (up to you). Now tap on back up and restore and find the "Market" app, click on it, and slide your finger to the left bringing up more options... Scroll down and click "convert to system app" this will take a minute...

3. Now you can open Google Market, you will need to click on the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet scroll left or right and find "Market", add your account to your system, and it will FINALLY take you to the old Market App, browse for a bit, close the app, and it will automatically update to "Google Play" (may take a while to update). IF THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN, and you get the lovely open market, ask for acct, close routine already mentioned by a few others on this thread.
    The following steps fixed my problems...

4. Download the files mentioned by bigjake for Braunish (Found here: https://www.box.com/shared/4czakah4xyc8n47m2sth ). Now go to the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet. This time find and click on the "File Manager" app. Scroll down to the "downloads" file and click on it... inside you will see the "d2googleapp.zip" file. Click on it then click the "extract here" option. A list of seven files will appear. These are the google client files that D2 somehow forgot to include on your system. You will need to click on each of them in turn installing them on your tablet (theyre not big). Now for the complicated part.

5. Go back to "Titanium Backup" and tap on back up and restore and find the seven apps that you just installed (they should have white text) you will need to click on every one of them (slide your finger to the left bringing up more options... Scroll down), and click "convert to system app" this will take a about 5-10 minutes... After all is said and done try runnig the Market (Again it is in the the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet, scroll right or left).

IF this still doesn't fix your problem you are likely missing additional files, and I don't know how to help... This is my second post ever on this site and i'm sure it shows that i'm no computer programmer.... I hope this helps someone though... Good luck and Merry Christmas, gotta go I hear sleigh bells....
    I did not convert the 7 or so google files into system apps; I just left it as user apps and it still works so people can skip that step. I just converted the google play into system app. remaining steps r perfect, very useful info for the d2 pad users!!!

can any1 help me with this 1, I know that d2 came pre rooted as titanium is working fine, installed google play and is working fine. but I am having problem with superuser, I installed superuser but it is not prompting me the apps that need su permmision. so I installed supersu but it says that su binary is not found. can any1 tell me how to get the binary back in and get this superuser working?

Update:
    I have no clue wheather it is rooted or not because when I use root checker it says that it is not rooted but titanium back up can use root access through superuser but not other apps. I tried installing su binary zip file through recover but no use.

Can any tell me how to root the device properly and whether and how I can install the CWM recovery on the device?

Update 2:

I figured it out; I searched google for root allwinner a13 and it lead me to this thread Allwinner A13 generic android tablet 4.0.4 root - xda-developers, n followed the insturctions there, it worked. just make sure that u install the adb driver for the device; I used this Adb Driver - Universal Android USB Driver for the driver. All is fine now as root checker recognizes the root and super user is prompting me the apps.
    Thanked by:
    punkingirle likes this.

These were only instructions I could make heads or tails of. Only "three dots in the corner, slide finger to left" didn't exist when I did it. Still don't know what you were talking about. But minus all that, It worked. Only problem I'm having now no apps will update because it says they have a different signature. I'm using 1mobile to update...so how did their signatures get changed?I understand why Ti BackUp doesn't have the same signature, I don't get why my previously installed apps have a different signature now. Any help with that would be great.

I hope i can do this. going to try. thanks for links myfishbear

mine is not rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Conner McCloud View Post
    mine is not rooted
    Did you download a superuser app?

Nexus 7 | PA 3.1 | M-Kernel mr1 | Nova Prime

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

This was my first time getting into an andriod based OS, I've had no formal training but have been a DIY'er for quite some time when it comes to computers. I followed Bigjakes directions on the first page, things ran smoothly and i got Google Play up on the first go round then ran into the small problem of getting into the section to download apps which was easily solved simply by logging in to play with my google account and then presto. I'm not gonna lie this did take me a few hours to understand the logistics of everything but I nailed it down pretty well.

My D2 is Model D201209 vers 4.04.

Thanks to all that helped, thereal_bigjake and jyoungun76, great guide even for a semi-novice, Below is what i did:

Followed this part-

Quote Originally Posted by jyoungun76 & thereal_bigjake View Post
    I figured it out. What's going on is lovely chinese quality control... some of the root files for google services are missing on some of the tablets. It was not hard to fix but figuring it out was frustrating. I again have bigjake to thank for the fix. I'll tell you how I fixed it. The app names are in " ".

1. Follow the steps listed by bigjake on the first page of this thread install "SuperSu" from the 1Mobile Market store (to make sure your tablet is rooted... I don't know what that means but it seems to be important), followed by the google "Market" app (Found here: Google Play>> https://www.box.com/shared/91mm4qpqfsw9risc2uee ), then "Titanium Backup" (Found here: Titanium Backup>> https://www.box.com/shared/gevpiazj5q14riad46vl ). Thanks to bigjake for the files. You will need to go to the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet find and click on the "Downloads" app and install the files you downloaded (just click on them and install).... Don't bother trying to open the market just yet, you'll just get annoyed.

2. Open "Titanium Backup", answer yes to all the advisories that you want to.. the developer even has some new cool apps for you to see (up to you). Now tap on back up and restore and find the "Market" app, click on it, and slide your finger to the left bringing up more options... Scroll down and click "convert to system app" this will take a minute...

3. Now you can open Google Market, you will need to click on the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet scroll left or right and find "Market", add your account to your system, and it will FINALLY take you to the old Market App, browse for a bit, close the app, and it will automatically update to "Google Play" (may take a while to update). IF THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN, and you get the lovely open market, ask for acct, close routine already mentioned by a few others on this thread.
    The following steps fixed my problems...
    Also I believe someone posted about not knowing what the 3 dots were? Its the 3 vertical dots in the very top right hand corner of the google play or market screen, if you cant see them you shouldn't be attempting this.

I did not have to do the below section everything went as planned afterwards, I did have to reboot a few times in between though.

Quote Originally Posted by jyoungun76 View Post
    4. Download the files mentioned by bigjake for Braunish (Found here: https://www.box.com/shared/4czakah4xyc8n47m2sth ). Now go to the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet. This time find and click on the "File Manager" app. Scroll down to the "downloads" file and click on it... inside you will see the "d2googleapp.zip" file. Click on it then click the "extract here" option. A list of seven files will appear. These are the google client files that D2 somehow forgot to include on your system. You will need to click on each of them in turn installing them on your tablet (theyre not big). Now for the complicated part.

5. Go back to "Titanium Backup" and tap on back up and restore and find the seven apps that you just installed (they should have white text) you will need to click on every one of them (slide your finger to the left bringing up more options... Scroll down), and click "convert to system app" this will take a about 5-10 minutes... After all is said and done try runnig the Market (Again it is in the the double row of three dots === in the upper right corner of the tablet, scroll right or left).

IF this still doesn't fix your problem you are likely missing additional files, and I don't know how to help... This is my second post ever on this site and i'm sure it shows that i'm no computer programmer.... I hope this helps someone though... Good luck and Merry Christmas, gotta go I hear sleigh bells....

Greetings everyone. I bought the D2-721 tablet and my 5 year old changed the passcode somehow now I cant get in. looked up the password reset options here: , and have run into a wall trying to find the firmware "d2-721 firmware.rar" Has anyone any ideas on where I may find this???? Help!!!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast