D2 Pad Rooting and Google Play

jakaro

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I went into settings, accounts, and removed my google account, opened the play store and signed back in and it worked fine. Thanks

jyoungun76

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
DO NOT USE THE "SDSWAP" app on these tablets it bricks them.... Recovery is very difficult after they're messed up... Still, glad i could help...

Last edited:

Jlo5579

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
well i tried it and it didn't work / then i did a factory reset and then it did lol oh well im all good now so just wanted to say thank you for the help :)

Julio Vargas

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way some one can post step by step directions or a video on how to install Google Play on a D2 Pad from BigLots.... I have tried everything but I get lost.... I have downloaded everything and have problems over and over again .... and I cant seem to root my device ..... something is wrong and I know I'm doing it wrong also. Supersu and titanium dont work either and I dont understand tha adb shell stuff ....I love the pad but really need Google Play ...... Thanks'

Last edited:

KaNiMziE

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Firmware update.... CLICK HERE this is the official Web Site for this D2 pad

BTW, I make all step to get Google Play on it, work very good, but for me, step 5 - 7 files to convert to system, not need to make it, is red text not white...

KaNiMziE

Nightwing308

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I put an 8gb mem stick in the D2 and it doesn't seem to register... anyone have a clue on how to fix this? I've also noted he two sets of memory in the storage settings if you click "erase SD card" you erase part of your hard drive and the mount sd card is below both these, idk... .

Did you happen to figure out the problem with the 8GB mem stick (assuming you mean an 8GB external Micro SD card with that)? I've also added one of those to the D2 I bought for my daughter, and it's actually showing up in the Storage settings (with 7.2GB available). I can copy files to it manually, but I've tried just about every suggested solution I could find (including changing the setInstallLocation 2 through ADB) to be able to install and/or move Apps to the external SD card.
NOTHING I tried is working, and it still installs Apps either to the tablet itself or to the internal SD card (which only holds 0.98GB), even though I double-checked and the Install location is set to 2[External].
Figured I'd try it through rooting the tablet, and found this forum here when I searched for instructions on how to root an Android tablet (since I honestly have no clue how this stuff works). Got as far as downloading and installing the superSU, but couldn't find any instructions on how to use it (how does it tell me whether my D2 is really rooted or not?)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nightwing308

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Download an app that needs root permisions and you will know...

Cool, ES File ExplorerManager just asked for root permission, so I guess it is rooted! Woohoo!
Now if I can just figure out how to get apps installed on the external SD card. Two of the apps that I had moved there with ES File Explorer/Manager only stayed there until I rebooted the tablet, and then they were "mysteriously" moved back to the internal SD card. Maybe this thing is possessed. *yikes!*

jyoungun76

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My biggest problem so far is the memory glitch... love the tab but this memory thing is annoying... I'm gonna email the manufacturer for a solution

anon(1011331)

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I am confused how to get google, but I know how to get those little kid apps from the d2 tablet.

First: Download ROM Tool box lite
Next:Go to app manager in the app
Then: Hold down the preloaded app you want to freeze or delete
Last but not least: Tap delete

Congratulations you took out the preloaded app. :)

Sent from my DROID2 using Android Central Forums

layne33

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Can someone please help me. I have a d2 pad we bought for my daughter well somehow she deleted moblie 1 market and I can't get it back on. It keeps saying it failed. I am having so many problems. Please help

SSJChar

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
So i got this tablet for christmas, and i seem to have a major glitch in mine. whenever it 'sleeps', either by pushing the power button or having it time out(a minute or whatever), the system clock or perhaps all processes, seem to stop. i'll let it sleep at like 3:15pm, check on it 2 hours later, and the clock will still say 3:15pm. does this every single time. tried factory reset and still doing this. What would you guys do in my shoes? try putting a different kernal on it(i really dont know what i'm saying, but i hear that word a lot, kernal). Any way of fixing it?

mike6132000

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Does any 1 know how to get the d2 pad to connect to my LG esteem? I have my esteem rooted and tried open garden wifi and barnicle wifi. it finds the opengarden but when I try to connect it does nothing.and can't find any when I use the barnical wifi. any help will be greatly appreciated. Ty vm

mike6132000

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Ty vm. one more thing my son wants mine craft on his d2 pad I downloaded the game from a site on my comp and tried to put it on his tablet but it won't install any way u can help me out with that? Ty vm

wade rogers

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Can you send me the instructions and links so I can get google play to work on this d2 or how to install the lastest andriod
Os on this thing

[email address removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith