D2 Pad Rooting and Google Play

Regina Wright

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
My daughter saved her money work months just to buy a D2-912_BK (pre--Loaded) 9" 4.1android jelly bean PAD today From Big Lot and its not pre loaded. we cant get the Damb thing on: It is locked with no code provided. it seems like everyone else got there's for 79 and we paid $99, 111 with tax. and the thing won't come on. We tried to call the Co.and they are closed all weekend we tried to e- mail and got no answer. this is such a piece of &U*)(*+. I've spent hour on line looking for a solution and have found nothing but people saying this thing has problem after problem. Big lot is closed. This sucks these tablets must be used yet being sold as new. If the box is close why would it be locked already with a code. Help!!!! My baby is soooo sad. I feel cheated and now have a head ache trying to get help with no support. It seems that we paid more then everyone else and it wont even get off of lock. I'm disappointed with all parties involved with this product. Do not Buy one for your child it sounds like trouble.

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
See that little pin hole, I think it is next to the power or something push it with a paperclip and it will factory reset the device.

Nexus 7 | PACman| M-Kernel | Nova Prime

ryladante

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a D2 pad yesterday. I have looked up all I could on rooting this darned thing and found my way here. I am simply trying to get the Google Play Store on it, because not all apps from 1Mobile Market work without Google Play.
I guess mine is the only one that came un-rooted. Is there an easy way to do this? Or do I just have to take the tablet back and just get one that has Google Play Store?

Edit: Okay, I went to PDANet and was able to get the drivers I needed finally, now I just need a better way of loading Google Play. $5.99 is a bit steep for one program IMO...

Last edited:

dugannag

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
you need this for you tab hxxp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1967699 replace the hxxp with http. this worked for me i have the same tablet as Hunt Txhog. This will root your d2 if it's like the one in Hunt Txhogs post.

vljenewein

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the D2 Pad with the 9" screen. D2-912_BK All I was interested in doing was instalilng a Google Play Store app on it so I could download a couple of programs from that Google Play Store. I do not have G mail but do have a Google username and password.

vljenewein

May 9, 2013
Visit site
My daughter saved her money work months just to buy a D2-912_BK (pre--Loaded) 9" 4.1android jelly bean PAD today From Big Lot and its not pre loaded. we cant get the Damb thing on: It is locked with no code provided. it seems like everyone else got there's for 79 and we paid $99, 111 with tax. and the thing won't come on. We tried to call the Co.and they are closed all weekend we tried to e- mail and got no answer. this is such a piece of &U*)(*+. I've spent hour on line looking for a solution and have found nothing but people saying this thing has problem after problem. Big lot is closed. This sucks these tablets must be used yet being sold as new. If the box is close why would it be locked already with a code. Help!!!! My baby is soooo sad. I feel cheated and now have a head ache trying to get help with no support. It seems that we paid more then everyone else and it wont even get off of lock. I'm disappointed with all parties involved with this product. Do not Buy one for your child it sounds like trouble.

Did you charge it first for about 8 hours before trying it? I have had no problems. Just push and hold the button the ANDROID name appears and then there is a lock icon. Move your finger on it and push it up and it's unlocked.

Kodyy Armstrong

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Ohkay man I got this d? for my birthday an I didn't wanna say know cause I was going on leave. I mean I know the general in rooting like a galaxy or something but I can't figure out this one please let me know if you can help me out..email me please armyystrongg11@gmail.com I'd greatly appreciate it!

88juniorfan

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if anyone can help me with this issue..... I bought my wife a D2-912 with Jellybean on it. I tried putting movies on the SD card (14 to be exact) and installed MX Player. (i followed instructions in this thread) and rooted the device (as it was NOT pre rooted) and got Google Play working.
So the issue is this. Only ONE of the 14 movies will play. All other say "This Video Cannot Be Played" I tried to install one of them to the internal memory (of which there is very little) and it played fine. Same thing with mp3's. Transferrred it back to SD card and same error. WTF??? Can anyone help me?

88juniorfan

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I have since found that ALL of the movies I have work. As long as there is only ONE in the folder. Any more movies and any installed after the first one will not play. Even putting them all in separate folders doesn't work.

goneout4004

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the D2 Pad with the 9" screen. D2-912_BK jelly bean i rooted it fine got google play store then when i rebooted my tablet it went back to factory settings but still rooted with BusyBox and Superuser no matter what i do it seems to go back to factory default but still rooted. I loose all my apps backgrounds every thing.... help please

:):):):):):):):):):)
Edit
:):):):):):):):):):)

Ok fixed the problem. When I did the step where you

"2. Open "Titanium Backup", answer yes to all the advisories that you want to.. the developer even has some new cool apps for you to see (up to you). Now tap on back up and restore and find the "Market" app, click on it, and slide your finger to the left bringing up more options... Scroll down and click "convert to system app" this will take a minute..."

well I also tried to get rid of some bloatware after that using Titanium Backup.(think thats what caused the problem or the first time I installed the vending.apk after i installed the zip file D2googleapp and my tablet freaked out after that. )

D2 Tablet is at Factory Default when i did this

> I reinstalled Titanium Backup then tried to remove the bloatware again.
>didnt work and rebooted to factory
>but after the reset I once again reinstalled Titanium Backup
>then reinstalled vending.apk then re converted market app. to "convert to system app"
> Restarted and no more Factory Defaults :)

Im now able to use the google play store and download and install apps off of it.

Last edited:

Heather McDougall

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi MyFishbear, I am just trying to get my kindle app to work, but looks like you have great apps on yours. I went to your site and am oblivious how to download your files. I will say I am not an IT person at all... Can you please help me? Or can anyone help me PLEASE????

Lost in Michigan....

spec2nirvash

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I have CM9, Play Store and CWM. This tablet runs so much better now. The D2 can run lots of games, surprisingly. Only issue I found so far is getting the Accelerometer to work with Temple Run. Can't tilt LOL, even when accelerometer tester from play store shows that its working fine. Runs newest YouTube, Netflix and MX player!

kestrelcry

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,
I'm having an issue with an app on my D2-721, and I'm not sure if it's something I could fix with rooting or if there's something else going on. I'm trying to use Gym Pact gym-pact.com on my tablet. You commit to work out a certain number of days a week and then check in at the gym for at least 30 minutes. I was not able to find it on the amazon app store, but I was able to download it from Mobile Market. I downloaded it fine, but whenever I try to check in at the gym I get this message: View attachment 81755
Here it is written out in case my uploaded file glitches:Improve My Location Not all location sources are currently enabled. In order to use GymPact you must: Turn on GPS and wireless networks in Location Settings.
When I go to Location Settings I have two options: Google's location service (Allow anonymous location data to be sent to Google. Also allow permitted apps to use data from sources such as Wi-Fi and mobile networks to determine your approximate locaton.) and Location & Google search (Let Google use your location to improve search results and other services). I have both of these enabled and I am connected to the Wi-Fi at my gym when I get this error message. I've Googled this up and down and have been reduced to banging my head against the elliptical machine. Any suggestions? Does this sound like something rooting would fix? Thank you very much!

Heather Valenzuela

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I noticed we have the same phone model, bigjake. Do you by any chance know how to get the Google Play store on this model phone. I need Helium to import all my cloud backup stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
P.S. Already rooted, but don't know how to flash a new rom, and afraid to try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang