Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 190
Like Tree20Likes
  1. #76  
    zatioichi's Avatar

    Posts
    22 Posts
    ROM
    CM7/Xionia

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    I hate being "that" user but is it possible to get a guide or something for those of us that lost root when we updated Superuser? I miss being rooted:banghead:
  2. #77  
    ZackVortex's Avatar

    Posts
    206 Posts
    ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    Quote Originally Posted by zatioichi View Post
    I hate being "that" user but is it possible to get a guide or something for those of us that lost root when we updated Superuser? I miss being rooted:banghead:
    If you lost root by updating the su binary (like I did) try to do this guide. I did with out having to delete any files or any other step. I just followed it like I did the first time and got my root back.

    Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    I love this show
  3. #78  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    I wonder if the original xda version will let you unroot from your version, what do you think?
  4. #79  
    zatioichi's Avatar

    Posts
    22 Posts
    ROM
    CM7/Xionia

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    Quote Originally Posted by ZackVortex View Post
    If you lost root by updating the su binary (like I did) try to do this guide. I did with out having to delete any files or any other step. I just followed it like I did the first time and got my root back.

    Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Really? Does everything seem to running smoothly? Also did you uninstill any apps or anything or did you just redo the rooting process?
  5. #80  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    OK, pretty new to rooting here, so excuse the load of n00b that's about to hit this thread.

    So, downloaded the root zip, unzipped it to desktop (I couldn't find the C:\rise as you recommended?), downloaded and installed the drivers, ran the root, phone rebooted but nothing.

    Any suggestions?
  6. #81  
    ZackVortex's Avatar

    Posts
    206 Posts
    ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    Quote Originally Posted by zatioichi View Post
    Really? Does everything seem to running smoothly? Also did you uninstill any apps or anything or did you just redo the rooting process?
    Yes every thing is running smoothly. I haven't noticed anything buggy. And no I did not remove anything just re did the process.

    Quote Originally Posted by l337n1nj4 View Post
    OK, pretty new to rooting here, so excuse the load of n00b that's about to hit this thread.

    So, downloaded the root zip, unzipped it to desktop (I couldn't find the C:\rise as you recommended?), downloaded and installed the drivers, ran the root, phone rebooted but nothing.

    Any suggestions?
    Try running as administrator.

    Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    I love this show
  7. #82  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    Quote Originally Posted by ZackVortex View Post
    Yes every thing is running smoothly. I haven't noticed anything buggy. And no I did not remove anything just re did the process.



    Try running as administrator.

    Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Under administrator. If it helps, ran it the first time, it said "Restore Starting", and then "Restore Ended" at the bottom of the phone's screen, and the command window just kept running with no signs of reboot.
  8. #83  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    (Ran a second time after it didn't work the first time and this is what I received..)

    Normal mode enabled!

    Pushing busybox...
    1760 KB/s <1085140 bytes in 0.602s>
    Pushing su binary...
    2426 KB/s <22364 bytes in 0.009s>
    Pushing Superuser app
    1984 KB/s <843503 bytes in 0.415s>
    Making busybox runable ...
    Please look at your device and click RESTORE!
    If all is successful i will tell you, if not this shell will run forever.
    Running ...
    Successful, going to reboot your device!
    Waiting for the device to show up again....
    Going to copy files to it's place
    mount: permission denied <are you root?>
    You can close all open command-prompts now!
    After reboot all is done! Have fun!
    Bin4ry
    Press any button to continue ...

    Phone rebooted once, came back, went to check for Superuser but wasn't there. Checked my root checker, and didn't have any encouraging words for me...

    I must be doing something wrong!
  9. #84  
    ZackVortex's Avatar

    Posts
    206 Posts
    ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    Quote Originally Posted by l337n1nj4 View Post
    (Ran a second time after it didn't work the first time and this is what I received..)

    Normal mode enabled!

    Pushing busybox...
    1760 KB/s <1085140 bytes in 0.602s>
    Pushing su binary...
    2426 KB/s <22364 bytes in 0.009s>
    Pushing Superuser app
    1984 KB/s <843503 bytes in 0.415s>
    Making busybox runable ...
    Please look at your device and click RESTORE!
    If all is successful i will tell you, if not this shell will run forever.
    Running ...
    Successful, going to reboot your device!
    Waiting for the device to show up again....
    Going to copy files to it's place
    mount: permission denied <are you root?>
    You can close all open command-prompts now!
    After reboot all is done! Have fun!
    Bin4ry
    Press any button to continue ...

    Phone rebooted once, came back, went to check for Superuser but wasn't there. Checked my root checker, and didn't have any encouraging words for me...

    I must be doing something wrong!
    Did all of the phone drivers installed successfully?

    Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    I love this show
  10. #85  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    I installed the drivers and the install wizard said they installed successfully. I'm going to try a different USB drive... I'll flip this table if it's the USB port....
  11. #86  
    ZackVortex's Avatar

    Posts
    206 Posts
    ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    Try re downloading rise.zip.

    Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    I love this show
  12. #87  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    Tried that too. Unzipped the file, placed it on the desktop, ran the root, didn't reboot the first time. Ran it again, it rebooted but didn't take the root or have Superuser on it.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  
    cole2kb's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,976 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    The thing I see that you two are both doing wrong per the steps in the guide is where you extract the file. You need to create a folder in the root of your C:\ drive with no spaces in the folder name and place all the files in there.
    --Chris [cole2kb]
  14. #89  

    Exclamation Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    I tried the first time no success the second time no success and then ran as administrator and worked perfectly then i used it for a while and now i cant access system apps plz help and acutally cant access any apps and cant even play music plz help!!
    Last edited by Nathan Mitchell; 02-04-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Problem
  15. #90  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    Made the file for C:\RISE. Extracted root necessities to this folder, tried but now it's saying that '/system/app/Backup-Restore.apk' and '/system/bin/ric' are missing. What is happening?!?! :-P
  16. #91  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    hi can someone help me out I knew I'm just wondering if it matters that my rise isn't a version 5155 and its not sprint will the download still work
  17. #92  
    Active_Matrix's Avatar

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virus Synergy W / 3.0

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    Anyone that is rooted, and has the sprint direct connect app, can you tell me the name of the apk? Or can someone post the apk? Thanks
  18. #93  
    purpulehaze's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    ROM
    quattrimus aokp 10

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Luc Dunte View Post
    hi can someone help me out I knew I'm just wondering if it matters that my rise isn't a version 5155 and its not sprint will the download still work

    The drivers you're going to download are for the sprint Kyocera rise. I'm assuming u have virgin mobile? It will work the same
    Sent from my C5155 using Android Central Forums
  19. #94  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    i have a couple questions, does it matter if i use 32bit or 62bit and if so how do i know which my phone is or is it for my computer? ow and does it matter if my rise is from virgin mobile and not sprint?
  20. #95  
    purpulehaze's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    ROM
    quattrimus aokp 10

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    Quote Originally Posted by Richie Cruikshank View Post
    i have a couple questions, does it matter if i use 32bit or 62bit and if so how do i know which my phone is or is it for my computer? ow and does it matter if my rise is from virgin mobile and not sprint?
    I have the rise from virgin mobile it confused me at firrst. Your going to use the sprint drivers. Also 32 vs 64 is going to depened on your computer.. u can find out under control panel system information

    Sent from my C5155 using Android Central Forums
  21. #96  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    so im stuck i do all that im supposed to do except it doesn't work i get the going to the....copy files to its place mount: permission denied <are you root?> you can close all open command promts.... what does this mean how do i fix this? please help
  22. #97  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    i can't get it to begin working its magic...it says it can't find the pathway?? over and over...then it says it has, then hasn't then says it is done, but nothing happens on my phone. an i missing something?

    Edit1: created a folder, put the zip in there and ran it. successful.

    Now is this hotspot capable?
    Last edited by saparco; 02-09-2013 at 09:17 PM.
  23. #98  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    I have two Kyocera rises...one went thru just fine and has full root, the other will not work... the only difference is that i have updated the firmware on one phone, but not the other (new update available as of yesterday) the one that is not updated rooted successfully, the updated one will not, i assume this is because of the updated firmware? Thanks, Walter
  24. #99  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    I'm getting the same message with one of my kyocersa rise phones...did u do the firmware update in the past few days? if so, i believe thats the problem... the one that i didnt update rooted, the one that i did update gives me the same message youre talking about.
  25. #100  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

    Quote Originally Posted by Richie Cruikshank View Post
    so im stuck i do all that im supposed to do except it doesn't work i get the going to the....copy files to its place mount: permission denied <are you root?> you can close all open command promts.... what does this mean how do i fix this? please help
    its definitely the firmware update...my phone (the one that rooted successfully) just crashed when i tried to update the firmware, and i had to unroot to fix it.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [GUIDE] How to Root Your Nook Color
    By Will Shanklin in forum Barnes & Noble Nook Color
    Replies: 226
    Last Post: 03-27-2014, 03:52 PM
  2. [KERNEL] [GUIDE] Root Your Stratosphere! :-)
    By KnightCrusader in forum Samsung Stratosphere
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 11:15 PM
  3. Guide: Rooting Your Evo Design...The Saga Continues
    By lolinternet in forum HTC EVO Design 4G
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 01-14-2014, 12:35 PM
  4. [Guide] How to root your myTouch 4G
    By Kevin O'Quinn in forum myTouch 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-01-2013, 06:08 PM

Posting Permissions

B