Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

mine doesn't work D: i try but it always ends the restore...

I just got my Kyocera Rise the other day and it automatically updated the firmware. I have tried this root program repeatedly over the last 4 days with no luck. Sometimes it will reboot, but Superuser is not installed and I still get a "$" instead of "#" on terminal emulator. Other times it will say "restore started" and "restore ended" and not reboot at all. When I run the root program, I do see that I get messages that "/system/app/backup-restore.apk" and "/system/bin/ric" are not found. I have installed the drivers from the Kyocera website and also used pdanet+ to update the drivers and no luck. I have also installed API's 15 and 17 in SDK manager as well. No luck. What am I doing wrong???? Please help!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

For those having problems rooting or don't have a pc and want to root go to:
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=686996
    I can conform it works.

Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    I love this show
    DUCK!

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG Optimus F3 JB412 root

Quote Originally Posted by ZackVortex View Post
    I can conform it works.

I used this method as well. I had one minor issue which required me to reboot after running poot twice. (That app crashed the first time I used it.) I then followed the rest of the directions, and confirmed root by typing su in terminal emulator. Then I applied the well-known (to root users) egl tweak, and after rebooting, installed No Frills CPU CLASSIC. I run the phone at 806 MHz - 1024 GHz, ondemand, and the clq (?) scheduler. There are a few other tweaks I might apply later, like the dalvik vm one, but as of now, this phone runs really well! I'll probably run some benchmarking apps later and see how it compares with my stock unrooted results.

someone please help i install the drivers and ran the bi4nary thing and it says "path not specified".

I can conform it works.

I've tried this method several times now with no luck. I have enabled usb debugging and accepted unknown sources for downloading. I downloaded all 3 apps (poot, then minstro 2, then superuser). Then I ran poot and it asked to update the library and it downloaded some files. Then I left poot and went in to superuser and updated the binary. Then I went into terminal emulator to check on root access (typed 'su') and got a bunch of errors and big caps that say "CANNOT LOAD EXECUTABLES" and permission denied. What am I doing wrong???

ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

Quote Originally Posted by cherly09 View Post
    I've tried this method several times now with no luck. I have enabled usb debugging and accepted unknown sources for downloading. I downloaded all 3 apps (poot, then minstro 2, then superuser). Then I ran poot and it asked to update the library and it downloaded some files. Then I left poot and went in to superuser and updated the binary. Then I went into terminal emulator to check on root access (typed 'su') and got a bunch of errors and big caps that say "CANNOT LOAD EXECUTABLES" and permission denied. What am I doing wrong???
    In replied in that thread for you help answer.(DMedina559)

I love this show
    Thanked by:

In replied in that thread for you help answer.(DMedina559)

I got it to work!! Thank you so much!!

Works

it works fine on my kyocera rise, pretty awesome. thanks man.

couldn't get it to work for my brand new Virgin Mobile Kyocera Rise...but the link to the other method worked like a charm...thank you very much ZackVortex for sharing

I recently rooted my phone using the old method. I noticed an automatic firmware update taking place, and turned off the phone.
    Will the new firmware remove root?
    Should I turn off firmware updates? How would I do that?

ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

Quote Originally Posted by a cullen View Post
    I recently rooted my phone using the old method. I noticed an automatic firmware update taking place, and turned off the phone.
    Will the new firmware remove root?
    Should I turn off firmware updates? How would I do that?
    I did the update and I was still able to root.
    Someone at Android Forums said they didn't lose root after the update.

I love this show

went by the guide to the letter did not root my raze at all i have virgin moble

Has anyone gotten a modem port on the virgin mobile model. You can enter daig mode but only shows up as serial port?

My phone hasnt done any magic, it just sits there

mine says "the system cannot find the path specified" help anyone ?

Thanks to all the people that have contributed to this method, but on xda and here.

Unfortunately I think they patched this fix away, at least I can't seem to get mine rooted. It just spins forever trying to create the symlink, meaning that the restore isn't granting access to the right folder.

If anyone else is still having luck, I'd be interested to know.

worked great first try, thanks.

Worked for me too after two try.

tried multiple times and nothing even tried running as admin i get the same message everytime mount permission denied are you root what am i doing wrong

Thanks dear cole, my question is, whats next should i dwnld an tether app? and which one do you recommand

Augh, so frustrating. I discovered that one of the problems was that it was using my system version of adb, not the one in ./stuff, so now I can get it past "Running", but when it reboots I get "mount: permission denied". I've even just tried echoing directly into /data/local.prop.

To anyone who is rooted, can you post the contents of your /data/data/com.android.settings/a/file99? I'm curious about what that file is supposed to contain.

Also, I should note that I am trying this under Linux.

so i downloaded one driver the 64bit driver wouldnt download. Anyway I plug my kyocera rise in the usb port on my computer and press 1 and its says please plug in device and turn usb debugging on. please i need help

it wont connect to my kyocera rise. I tried downloading poot and everything but it wont open my computer. PLEASE ANYONE HELP!!!!!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast