Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

It's not working for me. Tells me my device will reboot in 10 seconds, have fun and press any key. I do it shuts down and nothing happens with my phone. Can you please help?

I'm having the same problem. I can't download any apps, like Barnacle Wifi Tether from the Play Store. I'm trying to follow your instructions, but I'm having some difficulty. On the phone, I go to Settings -> Apps (no choice for 'Applications') -> Running -> Google Services (No 'Google Services Framework' available), but there is no options clearing a cache or data. Is this what you meant? Can you provide more clarification?

Update: For some reason I can download apps now. All I did was turn off USB debugging and reboot the phone a couple times. I just started working. Not sure why.

Update 2: Ok, I guess the SU either didn't work, or it was rejected. After I downloaded Barnacle, it complained that it couldn't execute su. I installed terminal emulated, ran 'su' and it said it couldn't be found.
    Last edited by Chris Troutner; 03-17-2013 at 07:14 PM.

after i click restore, my phone flashes on the bottom, restore started then about 2 seconds later it flashes restore stopped.. then it never reboots.any ideas?

yes i rooted my phone about a couple of months ago and everything was fine for a while even though
    h I could only text and web surf sometimes but after a while it started acting up and I mistakenly went into the phone and uninstalled the phone and now it keeps saying ' unfortunately phone has stopped' what can I do to solve this problem

ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Esquivias View Post
    yes i rooted my phone about a couple of months ago and everything was fine for a while even though
    h I could only text and web surf sometimes but after a while it started acting up and I mistakenly went into the phone and uninstalled the phone and now it keeps saying ' unfortunately phone has stopped' what can I do to solve this problem

Download it.
    Then move to /system/app.
    Set permissions. rwrr
    Reboot

I love this show.
    I love this show

not working i get to the point where i push restore settings it starts to restore then it sais restore ended... how do i fix this
    TheGhost2612000 likes this.

ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

Does it reboot?

I love this show.
    I love this show

hey for all those out there having a hard time out there trying to root kyocera rise all you have to do is download poot and minstro 2 playstore run poot let it do what it does download superuser here is the thing you are now rooted just dont ever update the binary in the superuser kills the root this worked for me after two days of trying all the other methods now on to cwm
    Thanked by:

it works

I've installed the USB driver per instructions, then execute RunMe. The Windows command shell appears as described, I select option 1, the phone prompts me and I select "Restore my data". The command shell says "If all is successful i will tell you, if not this shell will run forever. Running ..." Within 3 seconds the phone displays a toast saying "Restore starting" then "Restore ending", but no reboot. What could be wrong? Phone is Kyocera Rise model C5155, running Android 4.04.
    Thanks, Tom

I have exactly the same problem - any solution?
    Thanks, Tom

I had a problem at first but I have Bluestacks installed on my computer. I uninstalled it and then restarted the rooting process and it worked flawlessly. Thank you!

I'm new to this post in thing but DOWNLOAD MINISTRO FROM THE MARKET AND POOT OFF THE WEB FROM UR DEVICE OR PC.
    RUN POOT WAIT A FEW SEC. REBOOT PHONE. GOT TO SUPERUSER AND POOF! U HAVE INSTANT FLAWLESS ROOT WITH AN
    UNROOT OPTION. UR Very WELCOME

Email Me FOR More Info.

You have to create a new folder then extract it into there.

This method didn't work for me, after trying everything I could think of, but, the method I've linked did. For you all you noobies or people with somewhat but not enough experience like me, try this. Look at PattyBear's reply if you have any trouble. It worked for me. Finally rooted.

Last edited by uncannysword; 04-06-2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Mistake in post
    Thanked by:
    davijewell likes this.

ROM
    Stock / Stock Kernel

Could this potentially work for rooting the Kyocera Event? Now I'm not root guru so don't rage on me for asking this question, but the phones are twins, aside from the slide-out keyboard.

Does anyone have the Event (Virgin Mobile) and is willing to try this method?
    Have I ever helped you in a thread, with a reply, or with a post? If so, please click the "THANKS" button!

Great information. thanks worked flawlessy
    Thanked by:

hey guys if this does not work for you google search how to root rise without pc the method that works is the one with poot and minstro this has worked for me honest to god thanks for this great post

I'm trying to root my Rise and the root app runs and it continues to run even though many paths cannot be found. I ran the RunMe file as super user on my windows 7 pc. Does this only work in older versions of Windows? Or if you can help me figure out how to root my app from my mac, I would appreciate it.

It will do some magic. On your phone, there will be a screen regarding 'restoring a backup.' Don't worry, it won't erase any data. Press 'restore my data'.

never happened

how long does it take the phone to reset? everything else is going swimmingly but after I click restore my data the prompt just stays on running and my phone doesn't reboot twice. Am I doing something wrong?

I have downloaded everything but my phone is telling me that it can't open the files?

- - - Updated - - -

I have downloaded everything but my phone is telling me that it can't open the files?

Hi my Kyocera Rise is having problems with the root.
    Once I click restore all, it just says 'restore ended', and when I type
    'su' into terminal emulator permission is denied.
    Help?

I can't seem to get the download to go through. Broken link?

how long does it normally run cause mine only ran for a few seconds n then ended. Used app like u said n it founded none thing help please.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast