Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree20Likes

Default Re: [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

Hi I'm new to the forums Hamilton ontario here with a rooted Public Mobile Kyocera rise just wondered if anyone has successfully ported or developed a version of rom manager for this phone or if there are any roms out there anywhere I rooted with poot and ministro and a few good root apps I'm currently using pimp my rom app anyone know of a decent battery saving app? Or any fun/cool root customization apps?. Thanks in advance

Dave
    DUCK!

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG Optimus F3 JB412 root

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    Hi I'm new to the forums Hamilton ontario here with a rooted Public Mobile Kyocera rise just wondered if anyone has successfully ported or developed a version of rom manager for this phone or if there are any roms out there anywhere I rooted with poot and ministro and a few good root apps I'm currently using pimp my rom app anyone know of a decent battery saving app? Or any fun/cool root customization apps?. Thanks in advance

Dave
    I tried jrummy's ROM toolbox a while ago. I liked it, but used it for a few days before uninstalling. Didn't care for the extra tweaking options. It does have options for customizing the phone that are good, though. As for battery saving apps... I don't bother with them anymore, frankly. Most of them (in my experience) randomly lock up the phone when switching 3G/wifi ON while coming out of sleep mode. I just use a toggle app, Notification Toggle. That allows me to control 3G, wifi and data syncing manually from the notification menu. Most of the time I leave 3g and wifi off (which saves a good deal of battery), unless absolutely needed. With the app I just mentioned, it's easy to turn them back on when needed without going through setup menus.

i have followed this guide and it says my kyocera is rooted but it really isn't
    DUCK!

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG Optimus F3 JB412 root

Are you sure? Did you use a root checker app, or type su in a terminal? The terminal method is the best to check for root. It will show you a # if you have root.

As for the poster that asked about battery apps... Did some research. Found green power to work the best. Just uncheck the S2 option, uncheck autosync, and make sure the 3g/wifi comes back on as soon as the screen is turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by GODDESSDS View Post
    Thanks dear cole, my question is, whats next should i dwnld an tether app? and which one do you recommand
    The one I use is simply called WiFi Tether with a yellow WiFi symbol from the PlayStore. I have tried over a half dozen and this one seems to stay connected the best (When trying to wireless tether with other programs they seem to lose connection when the phone (c5155-Virgin Rise) takes back turning on WiFi. I have not figured out how to stop the phone from randomly turning WiFi back on by itself so you get randomly disconnected from other WiFi apps. (You want WiFi turned OFF if you are tethering other devices to use your 3G connection because otherwise your phone will be searching for a WiFi connection to connect to which can majorly slow things down if it grabs one)

I have had no problem getting laptops to connect with just generic settings, but there is TONS of user control in this app and I got a d2-Pad (d2-911) that I needed WiFi for, couldn't get it to connect till I changed Device-Profile to "Generic ICS/JB wlan0" and Setup-Method to "Netd(master)". I do not use any encryption (but it has it if you want it), and I do not use the access control (but I have before, it works great), and I DO use the "Keep Alive Connection" setting. On Virgin Mobile I pay $45/month for 1200 min and unlimited data for my phone, pad, laptops, even my desktop computer when someone parks their travel trailer in front of my antenna! Hope this is useful for some! android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Agreed, I also found this way to be simple and no PC required. Easier than using the PC to do my Samsung Fascinate before I had the Rise. Actually I had to use Poot and Ministro II, but some of the latest reviews are saying that Ministro was updated and isn't working with Poot properly...this may have been fixed, just be aware. :-)

I'm trying to use the RunMe.bat, but it gets stuck saying "If all is successful i will tel you, if not this shell will run forever" And it has stayed like this for the past thirty minutes. What should I do, all i want to do is turn off the annoying shutter sound.
    DUCK!

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG Optimus F3 JB412 root

Quote Originally Posted by diesilently3 View Post
    I'm trying to use the RunMe.bat, but it gets stuck saying "If all is successful i will tel you, if not this shell will run forever" And it has stayed like this for the past thirty minutes. What should I do, all i want to do is turn off the annoying shutter sound.
    Don't use that method to root your Rise. Use this one:

Kyocera Rise v4.0.4 Root Procedure No PC Required - xda-developers

It also works for several other Kyocera Android phones. I used this successfully to root an Event.

Doesnt work help restore just stops and nothing happens

Hey man,
    first of all - really appreciate your post. So - I did all the steps, I got my kyocera rooted, set up the hotspot, all seems to be fine, it connects via wifi, even shows 'internet access' but..
    For example, Skype does work, but I cannot open any page using a browser. I checked at least 3 browsers. So basically, there is internet, but I cannot browse.
    What could be the reason?
    thanks a lot.
    Mike.

I m very thankful to u for such a great sharing i tired hundreds of ways but they did not work however id root my phone in 2 minutees

Ive tried multiple times, it is stuck on "checking if i should run on normal mode or special sony etc." do you have a solution? i know this is kinda old, but yea. Any help is appreciated

my phone says restore started then right after it says restore ended. it does not seem to work for me do you have any idea?
    my version is 4.0.4

after successfully rooted what is a good hotspot tethering app or whatever it?

same ??? But i dont have a comp want to kno how to root without usb to comp ??
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678