Rooted, but acting unrooted? Corrupte SU File!

WILDALK3SH

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
The SU Binary file is corrupted on my device, from trying to replace it with another. Shortly after replacing the SU file, I was unable to open SuperUser.apk. I reset my phone, hoping this would unroot my device. I was WRONG. My device is now currently rooted, with a corrupted SU file, so i can't even unroot via SuperSU Application. I've also tried terminal commands to remove the SU file, but it needs root access, which i cannot access due to the SU file! HOW CAN I UNROOT MY PHONE , THUS GETTING RID OF /SYSTEM/BIN/SU , SO I CAN SUCCESSFULLY RE-ROOT MY PHONE?

I HAVE ALREADY TRIED RE-ROOTING / UNROOTING, BUT NO LUCK, STILL ROOTED BUT ACTING UNROOTED!

PLEASE LEAVE A SUGGESTION, OR LINK ME TO SOME UNROOTING SOFTWARE, I'M IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP

Device: Kyocera Rise
Model: C5155
Kernel: 3.0.8-perf
Build: IML77

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Reload the factory image and it will set your phone back to the way it was when you bought it.

You did a backup when you rooted correct? If not, then you are going to have to google how to restore the factory image for your device.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried re-rooting using the package I provided in the sticky on the top of this forum? That one has versions that work with this device.

If you can't just run the script to root properly, you'll need to use ADB to manually remove the files for root access.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

WILDALK3SH

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried re-rooting using the package I provided in the sticky on the top of this forum? That one has versions that work with this device.

If you can't just run the script to root properly, you'll need to use ADB to manually remove the files for root access.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Yes i've tried re-rooting using your provided package, no luck. How would i be able to use ADB to manually remove the root files?

* I tried opening ADB, it closes right after? How do i get it to open?

Last edited: