Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    vandelay's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

    Default LG Eve (GW620)

    Since there is no forum for this device yet, I guess I'll post here. More info on the device can be found here

    I'm considering getting this phone but haven't been following any news about android recently. Does anyone know which version of Android this device will be running, and when updating the firmware, do I depend on the carrier/manufacture to provide the updates or will I always have the ability to just update it myself? It appears cyanogenmod only supports the Dream and Magic ATM, how likely is it for it to support this phone also? Would it require completely re-writing the mod or is the firmware/mod basically the same for most Android devices?

    Lastly, the little pad on the front of the phone under the screen, is that a big button, 4-direction pad, or a touch pad thing like the new blackberries? Basically I want a phone with a keyboard and good hard button controls for playing NES games. Before smartphones were affordable, I used a Palm Zire 72 which in my opinion is better than an iPhone for games since I prefer buttons over touch/motion controls.

    Thanks
  2. #2  

    Default

    I love that cell too much. I am going to buy this cell phone in next week. Thanks for this information.
  3. #3  

    Default

    Its only on version 1.5!!But yes it is great but to be fair its abit slow!! the G1 was abit faster than this!!But i wonder is there any android updates so it can be faster run?
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vandelay View Post
    Since there is no forum for this device yet, I guess I'll post here. More info on the device can be found here

    I'm considering getting this phone but haven't been following any news about android recently. Does anyone know which version of Android this device will be running, and when updating the firmware, do I depend on the carrier/manufacture to provide the updates or will I always have the ability to just update it myself? It appears cyanogenmod only supports the Dream and Magic ATM, how likely is it for it to support this phone also? Would it require completely re-writing the mod or is the firmware/mod basically the same for most Android devices?

    Lastly, the little pad on the front of the phone under the screen, is that a big button, 4-direction pad, or a touch pad thing like the new blackberries? Basically I want a phone with a keyboard and good hard button controls for playing NES games. Before smartphones were affordable, I used a Palm Zire 72 which in my opinion is better than an iPhone for games since I prefer buttons over touch/motion controls.

    Thanks
    Thanks for your ideas. I will come back and see how it goes.
    Learn Article Marketing Secrets and Techniques at
    Article Marketing 007
  5. #5  

    Default Lg eve (gw620)

    This is my first smartphone so I honestly can't compare. Needless to say I am thus far well pleased with the phone. It is visibly slower compared with the iPhone and its touch screen isn't as sensitive, but you get the Keyboard which is a plus along with a 5 MP camera (slow shutter though), bright LED Flashlite (which you can keep active by using the video camera mode... there are no apps that activate it yet).

    It takes several days to figure out all the features, shortcuts, loading the best Apps out there and whatnot.

    Apps are great, Google is doing a very good job with all that. So if you have gmail you will love the system. We all know the iPhone has over 140,000 thousand but there are writing them over to the android system all the time. So I'm not worried about that and yes it has Youtube, Facebook & Twitter, etc.

    GPS is fantastic along with google maps & latitude. The camera is a big window into technology and the posibilities that are available in the future. It also has the position sensitive technology (bubble app). The compass I don't think works that great though.

    The battery does not last very long at all. So keep your charger handy if you intend to use it for more than two or three hours straight.

    I currently have an issue with the Bluetooth headset. I can't play my music through it. I have gone to several forums looking for help in vain.

    LG Eve has no voice command which would be very nice, but I've heard rumors of an update? Is this true?

    I think the phone is great. You do have to get use to it... the main problem is that you keep accidentally hitting the home button all the time. Which is a great pain. Other review say the audio isn't a perfect as other phones... but it has been good to enough for me.

    I'm a chronic complainer and after all the above I'm still satisfied with the phone and getting
  6. #6  

    Default Update: MUST DO

    This is a good Android phone with great features:
    However, there are some updates you must do before having great wireless service,

    1. remove the original POP3 mailbox and replace with K-9 Mail from "Google Market"
    (your email service service will be 100% fast and smooth)

    2. go to lge.com to download the update for the phone. Note that the software has error: XP only.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c4cho View Post
    2. go to lge.com to download the update for the phone. Note that the software has error: XP only.
    Is the GW620 update just a bugfix update or is it an update from Android 1.5 to 1.6?
  8. #8  

    Default

    Hi. I just got this phone last week, and with my previous phone i always used to listen to the radio through the loudspeaker as i am working. i cant seem to find out how to do this with this phone. Has anyone figured out how to do this yet or is it just not possible? If it is not possible i will return the phone within the 7 days allowed. I thought all phones with radio allow you to do this as standard.
  9. #9  
    VDub2174's Avatar

    Posts
    3,564 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,495 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

    Default

    What carrier is this for?
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa



  10. #10  

    Default

    am with t mobile i like the phone its brill.i got good deal 15 pounds amonth.unlimited internet 300 texts and 300 call time not bad.
  11. #11  

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by c4cho View Post
    This is a good Android phone with great features:
    However, there are some updates you must do before having great wireless service,

    1. remove the original POP3 mailbox and replace with K-9 Mail from "Google Market"
    (your email service service will be 100% fast and smooth)

    2. go to lge.com to download the update for the phone. Note that the software has error: XP only.
    how do u remove original pop3 mailbox.thanks
  12. #12  
    CAF466's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    ROM
    Linux version 2.3.6

    Default Re: LG Eve (GW620)

    Quote Originally Posted by vandelay View Post
    Since there is no forum for this device yet, I guess I'll post here. More info on the device can be found here

    I'm considering getting this phone but haven't been following any news about android recently. Does anyone know which version of Android this device will be running, and when updating the firmware, do I depend on the carrier/manufacture to provide the updates or will I always have the ability to just update it myself? It appears cyanogenmod only supports the Dream and Magic ATM, how likely is it for it to support this phone also? Would it require completely re-writing the mod or is the firmware/mod basically the same for most Android devices?

    Lastly, the little pad on the front of the phone under the screen, is that a big button, 4-direction pad, or a touch pad thing like the new blackberries? Basically I want a phone with a keyboard and good hard button controls for playing NES games. Before smartphones were affordable, I used a Palm Zire 72 which in my opinion is better than an iPhone for games since I prefer buttons over touch/motion controls.

    Thanks
    LG Eve (GW620) CAF466 Ottawa Canada my email in
  13. #13  
    CAF466's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    ROM
    Linux version 2.3.6

    Default Re: LG Eve (GW620)

    Quote Originally Posted by CAF466 View Post
    LG Eve (GW620) CAF466 Ottawa Canada my email in
    Been Running The GW620r for a week now ,First time user of smart device ,pretty impressed with the countless number of apps on the market.

Posting Permissions

B