- 2 Posts
n9500 Star from OrientDeal (Galaxy s4 clone)
Hello everyone. Really in need of some help and going someone can assist. I bought a phone on eBay this weekend which is the n9500 Star from Orient Deal. The phone was manufactured by a company in China I believe. I was told it can be activated on the Sprint network but when I contacted Sprint and gave them the imei #s I was informed that they wete not coming up in the system so they couldn't add them in order to activate the phone. so now I have a phone that can't be activated apparently...
Does anyone here have any suggestions on how else I can go about activating this phone with my Sprint account?
It is WCDMA/GSM. Sprint says they don't still sim cards as most of their phones don't use them. I didn't think about this possibility until after I had ordered the phone and it was already on its way to me...I need it for international travel as well.
I would be grateful for and thoughts or ideas.
Thank you kindly
- 06-28-2013, 08:17 AM #3
- 1 Posts
Re: n9500 Star from OrientDeal (Galaxy s4 clone)
Sounds to me like the phone would work with any other carrier, other than Sprint.
The problem is not that you have an international phone, but that Sprint does not
use SIM cards, and therefore can not use that phone on their network.
Easiest Possible Solution:
1. Switch phone carriers. If you switch to a different cell phone carrier who uses
SIM cards, you should be able to use your new Galaxy S4 equivelant.
Otherwise, you're stuck with option number 2 which is,
2. Get a new phone. You'll need to find a new phone that doesn't have a SIM slot
to use on the Sprint network.
Those are basically your only two options.
Hope this helps!
Best of luck!
- By taynxtlvl in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 9Last Post: 04-18-2013, 08:28 AM
- By smileycon in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 17Last Post: 04-12-2013, 06:16 AM
- By sithjedi333 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 16Last Post: 04-03-2013, 07:45 PM
- By Kevin Michaluk in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 160Last Post: 03-14-2013, 02:53 PM
- By joeg679 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 17Last Post: 02-28-2013, 08:55 AM