1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need help with choosing a device

As I've mentioned before, I'm no stranger to Android at all; However, I do need some advice on a particular area of phones. I was looking at some articles on the Acer liquid phones, and was wondering if anyone has had the chance to try one or more of them. I need an android phone in two weeks, and I am either looking at Acer (to match my chromebook), or maybe an HTC. I know the usual phone makers well, so please don't suggest any Samsung, Sony, or LG device. I have AT&T, and was specifically interested in the 2 phone companies above. I know the HTC brand well, but am not caught up with their current devices (maybe other than the One). I don't like screens over 4 inches, although I am willing to compromise depending on the situation. I would prefer something that has a silver/grey look to match my chromebook (absolutely no white). Anyone have experience with the recent Acer phones? Thought? Opinions? What about HTC's recent offerings? Help me decide please.

-lb
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Need help with choosing a device

So far, I am liking the Acer Z3, the black looks clean and its got decent specs. It isn't expensive and it matches my Acer Chromebook C7 perfectly. Thoughts? Anyone used this phone?

Global Posts
    13,796 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Need help with choosing a device

Quote Originally Posted by lbsevenp View Post
    As I've mentioned before, I'm no stranger to Android at all; However, I do need some advice on a particular area of phones. I was looking at some articles on the Acer liquid phones, and was wondering if anyone has had the chance to try one or more of them. I need an android phone in two weeks, and I am either looking at Acer (to match my chromebook), or maybe an HTC. I know the usual phone makers well, so please don't suggest any Samsung, Sony, or LG device. I have AT&T, and was specifically interested in the 2 phone companies above. I know the HTC brand well, but am not caught up with their current devices (maybe other than the One). I don't like screens over 4 inches, although I am willing to compromise depending on the situation. I would prefer something that has a silver/grey look to match my chromebook (absolutely no white). Anyone have experience with the recent Acer phones? Thought? Opinions? What about HTC's recent offerings? Help me decide please.

-lb
    There is the Oppo Find 5. But that phone isn't subsidized.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here