1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cool, Sleek looking China Phone?

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and it's getting older so I'm thinking of replacing it with a China phone. What I like about the Samsung Galaxy S2 is that it's thin and it looks cool for me. I'm looking at and so far, I'm thinking this might be what I want.

Here's what it looks:
    Cool, Sleek looking China Phone?-geekbuying-9ec6afbb-33ba-4f6b-bb0c-9a49e6ad0696.jpg
    I guess it does look like what I have right now, but a bit bigger and the specs sound better.

Here are the specs and some questions I have with them.

Highlights

5.0inch IPS FHD OGS touchscreen, 1920 x 1080 pixels
    MTK6589T,Cortex A7 quad core,1.5GHz
    GPU:PowerVR SGX 544
    1GB RAM + 16GB ROM
    Dual Cameras,front camera 13.0MP,back camera 18.0MP with flashlight and auto focus 2.0. -- This looks like a big deal, I think I have 8 mp right now and it looks okay. I wonder if it would look so much better here?
    Gyroscope Sensor -- What is this for?
    Android 4.2 OS
    Networking: 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz 3G: WCDMA 850/2100MHz
    Dual SIM Card Dual Standby -- What does standby mean here?

Lastly, does this look like it would be easy to root? Would I have problems if I try to change the rom to say, Slim Bean?

If you have any other suggestions, I'm open to them. It might still take time until I can buy a replacement phone.

Global Posts
    6,212 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Cool, Sleek looking China Phone?

Well, I certainly like the color, everything seems to look good in black. If the price is good you could certainly try it but why not a LG G2?
    Live long and prosper.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That looks good too! It's just, the price, I guess hehe. Also the battery's not removable, and I don't think you can put a micro sd card there or something. Omg, it's really nice though, yeah, it looks too expensive. xD

Hi,

I think that you need to make sure that this Chinese phone is truly the phone that you are looking for. There are many Chinese phones out there that seem to be outstanding with great prices, but is not always the case.

As for this handset it seems interesting, but if I were in your shoes I would think the following:

- Screen: 5.0" Full HD (FHD) One Glass Solution (OGS); it is good because after checked the CUBOT website is says that this phone has 441ppi (pixel density) and a color depth of 16M. So, it may produce admissible images quality, but such a big screen need protection and it seems that this model have no any.
    - Processor MTK6589T: it is also interesting mostly because is one of the latest releases of MediaTek
    - Power VR 5XT Series GPU: it is a bit old, but many earlier high-end models come with this GPU (mostly Apple)website is says that this phone has 441ppi (pixel density) and a color depth of 16M. So, it may produce admissible images quality, but such a big screen need protection and it seems that this model have not any.
    - Processor MTK6589T: it is also interesting mostly because it is one of the latest releases of MediaTek
    - Power VR 5XT Series GPU: it is a bit old, but many earlier high-end models come with this GPU (mostly Apple)
    Memory: it has fair capacity, but fortunately it accepts TF cards up to 64GB
    - Cameras: a front camera of 8.0MP and a back camera of 13.0MP sounds great, but have to bear in mind that extra features like: smile detection, touch-focus, panorama, etc. will make the difference between a limited photos quality and great photos quality.
    - Gyro sensor: is used to allow the screen to rotate in a desired position: however, this feature always works in conjunction with the accelerometer sensor and it seems that this phone lacks of one.
    - Android v4.2: It is OK, but the 4.4 is coming soon and I don't think this brand will develop any upgrade, so once you bought the phone you're at your own.
    - Networks: its specs are in the average of the market, almost any dual SIM device nowadays have the same specs.
    - Dual SIM standby: means that while the user is responding a call in one SIM, the other SIM is not able to connect. Then, anybody that calls you will hear the "unavailable number" message.

Hope this information helps you take your decision. One final tips is to make sure about the warranty because for all these new brands happens that once you buy the phone ... they are not able to supply a good customer service.

Regards