How to root Sprint ZIO

ghozt g

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Download attached file, install and run. Then install TI backup, and choose to install busybox from the app.

I have no idea who originally wrote this app, but they get all the credit.

This is legit. The Moderators here can vouch for me.

Enjoy.

earthdragon

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Download attached file, install and run. Then install TI backup, and choose to install busybox from the app.

Enjoy.
Im going to check it out right now. Will Post my walk through and results.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Enjoy.
post count

B-rye33

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if this was a full s-off root, and what about custom recovery etc., does this program do that or is there possibly directions to do so somewhere? Any custom roms for this? None of this was mentioned in op, that I could see. Rooted a few phones before, doing this one for a friend, want to give him the best options I could. Thanks for any info in advance. -B-rye

dazines

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: any cons to the Zio?

i was thinking about getting a Zio cuz i need a cheap enough phone to replace my evo until i upgrade, are any downsides to the phone?

While the Zio is a pretty good "cheap enough" Android, there were some manufactured with the screen calibration is a bit off. The battery life isn't the greatest. That's on the Sprint Zio SCP 8600.
The Cricket model is different.

lzombie27

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to test this rooting thing on my zio with Cricket, I.Googled rooted android devices but I still don't quite understand it, someone fill me in please on what exactly rooting does for the phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech