Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [HOW TO] Install USB drivers for the LG Optimus One

This was a major PITA to figure out, but doing it is pretty easy.

1. Download the LG Mobile Support Tool to your Windows computer from LG right here.
    2. Install it, and while the phone is DISCONNECTED open the program.
    3. Under the Options & Help menu, choose Country & Language. Set Singapore as your country, and English as your language (unless you prefer another of the listed languages. Hillbilly was not listed.)
    4. Next, on the main window choose to install the USB driver, and choose LGP500 as the model number.
    5. Wait while the app downloads and installs 4 or 5 separate drivers.
    6. On your Optimus One, enable USB debugging and plug it in.

You now have the ADB driver, and the USB modem drivers installed. You know what to do next.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by 46:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

I am having a hell of a time getting the tool installed. It seems to take forever. Gonna leave it while I'm off to work and see if it ever finishes

finally got it..pc has to be connected to the net..doh!
    Thanked by:

It pops a prompt up in the background. Stumped me for a minute too.

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Why Singapore for the location?? Just curious...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

This was figured out before the Optimus phones were being sold by Sprint or T-Mobile. I had to find a country that was selling the unbranded version (the Optimus One or LGP500) but still used English in the LG program's UI. Singapore was the first one I found
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Anyone happen to have the MSIs it downloads? I can't actually install these at work because I have issues downloading files (they just stop transfering for some reason).

ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

lgmobile is easy to decode.

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b...USV&country=SG exposes this:

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata...6.20100909.zip

Yay, no more clunky app

Even better, direct download drivers:
    http://files.mysticmidnight.net/zefi...LG670/drivers/
    Last edited by zefie; 11-16-2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Smaller MSI Driver Download, Simpler.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Thanks Zefie for the link to the zipped file on lgmobile site. I got the USB Drivers.

Maybe its just me but Im running Ubuntu 10.10 and installed/opened this using Wine. Ive tried a few different configurations of Wine but I still cant get the menu bar to show up, so I cant change the language. Is there another way I can change the language or something Linux specific?

Im not sure how to use directly downloaded drivers
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by drklunk View Post
    Maybe its just me but Im running Ubuntu 10.10 and installed/opened this using Wine. Ive tried a few different configurations of Wine but I still cant get the menu bar to show up, so I cant change the language. Is there another way I can change the language or something Linux specific?

Im not sure how to use directly downloaded drivers
    You don't need any drivers on Linux. Make sure USB debugging is on on the phone, connect to a high speed USB port, and in a terminal:

Code:
    sudo su
    *password*
    cd /home/path/to/sdk/tools/directory/
    ./adb-kill server
    ./adb-start-server
    exit
    You can then use adb as a regular user. You can script the above commands, or look for the udev rules for LG Android phones and you won't need to start the server as root any longer.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by:
    sixit 

Quote Originally Posted by gbhil View Post
    You don't need any drivers on Linux. Make sure USB debugging is on on the phone, connect to a high speed USB port, and in a terminal:

Code:
    sudo su
    *password*
    cd /home/path/to/sdk/tools/directory/
    ./adb-kill server
    ./adb-start-server
    exit
    You can then use adb as a regular user. You can script the above commands, or look for the udev rules for LG Android phones and you won't need to start the server as root any longer.
    This is the information I needed, thank you! Been in and out of Google and the Ubuntu forums
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by drklunk View Post
    This is the information I needed, thank you! Been in and out of Google and the Ubuntu forums
    You're most welcome! There's a few of us here who use Linux as their desktop OS, so ask away with any questions
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by 2:

It's hard for me to believe that Sprint is selling a phone that takes this much work just to connect to the PC. I have to imagine that many average users won't be able to figure this out. It seems like an awefully huge fail on LGs part considering this phone is currently being pushed by Sprint as it's #1 non-4G phone.
    Nichollette likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by turnerjazz View Post
    It's hard for me to believe that Sprint is selling a phone that takes this much work just to connect to the PC. I have to imagine that many average users won't be able to figure this out. It seems like an awefully huge fail on LGs part considering this phone is currently being pushed by Sprint as it's #1 non-4G phone.
    I should add, thanks to gbhil for posting the solution!

Thanks gbhil for the how-to.
    Can anyone point me to an alternate link for LG Mobile Support Tool . I cannot access it via the LG site in the original post.
    thanks

Default Hay

I installed it and I connect my phone and it says ready to use but I got to my computer and double click driver f removable device and it says please connect removable device. HELP?

So what I get from this, is that this will download drivers for the unbranded GSM Optimus? This will work fine with the Optimus S (Sprint), correct? Nice to have you as a dev again gbhil

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    Reborn ROM 2.2.1

is there anywhere special that we're suppose to put all the drivers? because I'm still having trouble getting them to work I'm also on Windows 7 if that matters at all

Thanks so much
    Thanked by:
    amihe likes this.

This helped me so much

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

When I first connected my phone to the computer it did nothing but charge, so I then downloaded the drivers from LG's website, and now it comes saying that USB is connected, then it brings up a screen that USB connected, with a button that says turn on USB storage, so i click it and it comes on, but I still do not have the icon of the USB that lets you decide what you want to do. What am I missing??

Also I am running Thunderom

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I also tried the steps at the start of the forum and when i start the download for the drivers it comes up with File create error and doesn't download.

ROM
    2.6.32.26 Thunder

well tried it on another computer and everything is working fine
    o_O

ROM
    bigsuperROM_os2sd

All the linked drivers which I could find and tried weren't recognized by my Optimus V (virgin mobile LGVM670)
    I used the LG download tool and specified the VM670, and it brought me this and put it in my hard drive root
    LGVM670 drivers
    hopefully, this will save others from having to install the lg download tool just to get the handset drivers...
    btw, I'm runnig windozeXPsp3.
    Last edited by bigsupersquid; 02-20-2011 at 12:32 PM.
    Thanked by 4:
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast