Leak about Sprint's upcoming event- dual-screened device

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok I figured I would create a new thread on this due to some info I received today. Yes there are other threads speculating on what Sprint might be announcing on the 7th, but there isn't one that has any concrete device info. Since I believe I have come into some of that afore-mentioned info, I figured I'd get the chatter going and get people's thoughts. So here goes..

-The announcement IS a device- no plan restructuring or anything (like they need more of that with how much they pissed off everyone today with that we're-now-gonna-charge-you-an-extra-$10-for-data-even-though-you're-already-paying-for-unlimited deal.

-It has large screens- think somewhere between the Evo and the Galaxy Tab.

-It actually has dual screens- there's a primary one but then also a secondary screen that flips up from the back, like on a hinge.

-No word on what that second screen does, if it integrates with the primary screen to give you one big screen, or if you can run an app on each, or what. Sorry I couldn't get more details.

-No official word on if it's voice-capable, or if it's some kind of tablet/slate.

Now I know what you're thinking- there have not been any leaks on a device like that at all that we can remember. And I can't either. So if it weren't for hearing it straight from someone at corporate, in-person, I never would have believed it either. Flame me, shoot me down, PM me a death threat, do what you will, but I'm just passing on info I heard and trying to be helpful and get the ball rolling on what will hopefully be an awesome device. I have no reason whatsoever to lie or make this up, so.... Yea :)

Lots of posts recently have been theorizing that HTC has a 3D device coming out soon- could this be it? It does make sense with them tying in David Blaine to the event- illusions, eye tricks, etc. Thoughts, comments?? Has anyone seen any device rumored recently that this could possibly be??

Your turn :D

Reactions: star444

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No, but I'm hoping there is. I don't know what Sprint has up their sleeve - but I'm sure we'll be smiling when any announcement is made.

kcoan3

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
hmmmm.... what would be the purpose of a screen that flips out... My initial idea i was thinking about was something like those cameras that have the front facing screen to make self pictures. But if it has a screen that flips out.... i cant figure out how that would be useful. (cringes thinking about a moto flipout like device)

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
hmmmm.... what would be the purpose of a screen that flips out... My initial idea i was thinking about was something like those cameras that have the front facing screen to make self pictures. But if it has a screen that flips out.... i cant figure out how that would be useful. (cringes thinking about a moto flipout like device)
The way they told me, it sounded more like it flipped up from the back. I can't even imagine what that would look like or how it would work because I've never seen anything like that. But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't swing out like the Flipout, or like the Nokia Twist on Verizon- good god, horrible phone...

darkmatter

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I think it would be interesting if it was like, say, the droid. Just instead of a physical keboard, you have another screen that can be a keyboard, trackpad, gamepad, whatever the programmer wants it to do.

kcoan3

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
The way they told me, it sounded more like it flipped up from the back. I can't even imagine what that would look like or how it would work because I've never seen anything like that. But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't swing out like the Flipout, or like the Nokia Twist on Verizon- good god, horrible phone...

I hope that HTC doesn't taint there brand... i hope to god its good and they continue to innovate!! (And bring dual core phones to verizon!!!)

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I think it would be interesting if it was like, say, the droid. Just instead of a physical keboard, you have another screen that can be a keyboard, trackpad, gamepad, whatever the programmer wants it to do.
That would be pretty epic. Motorola and Sprint seem to have a Nextel-only relationship though. They're the only carrier to not carry Moto Android phones.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This would be interesting but would like to see how they would impletment this. I hope it does not look or function anything like the Moto Backflip line and whatnot.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
A part of me wants to knock the idea of a dual screen.. but I'll hold my opinion on that. The idea mentioned above about the flip screen acting as a keyboard or something would actually be SICK. Almost a ultra modern laptop feel to it (keyless keyboard). But other than that I can't think of anything. But I'm also not making the big bucks for app development lol.

GooberVox

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I remember seeing a phone at CES that had a clear flip screen that covers the front screen, and turns the front screen into a 3D one. Just my guess.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Could it be this Acer dual-screen laptop/netbook thingie that Microsoft's Major Nelson twitted about during CES (Twitter on 1/6) ? I could see the top screen (presumably non-touch) folding back so that the bottom touch screen (showing the virtual keyboard in the photo) becomes a tablet.

220959120.jpg

ro1224

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Ugh. I see no value whatsoever in a dual screen, flip screen or 3D device; Gosh, I can't even stand 3D movies! Sprint would do well to introduce a stunningly stylish well-crafted limited edition device running Gingerbread and one that offers improved build quality, and improved screen performance.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I remember seeing a phone at CES that had a clear flip screen that covers the front screen, and turns the front screen into a 3D one. Just my guess.

That would be win- got a link to a review at all??

Could it be this Acer dual-screen laptop/netbook thingie that Microsoft's Major Nelson twitted about during CES (Twitter on 1/6) ? I could see the top screen (presumably non-touch) folding back so that the bottom touch screen (showing the virtual keyboard in the photo) becomes a tablet.

220959120.jpg
I don't think so- it's definitely not a netbook or laptop-ish device, and they said the screen is smaller than a Tab..

They are announcing a push to talk tablet.
Lmao

Ugh. I see no value whatsoever in a dual screen, flip screen or 3D device; Gosh, I can't even stand 3D movies! Sprint would do well to introduce a stunningly stylish well-crafted limited edition device running Gingerbread and one that offers improved build quality, and improved screen performance.
+1

Pmacizzle

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I think it would be awesome if a flip out screen created one large screen. A phone that turned into a tablet for certain functions (ie movies,kindle,etc).

Sent from Evo rooted

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49