Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Default sprint announcement is a !!?? what??

a koycera phone really?? wow!!!!!

Sprint Said to Announce Kyocera Smartphone at New York Event - Businessweek

this better be good! has anyone had experienc with a kyocera phone?

Not since 1997, no ....

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

didn't know they made phones. I am pretty sure the copy machine i use at the office is made by Kyocera.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yeah...my first freaking Sprint phone was a Kyocera. A flip phone POS. An industry first...from Kyocera? Really?

OMG....tell me this isn't going to suck, and this isn't the only thing they are announcing.

With all the other good phones being leaked already or having their announcement dates set for MWC (Optiums 3d, Galaxy S2), I kind of figured there isn't much left for them to reveal to us, so I have slowly focused my hopes on the Galaxy S2. I am assuming they will continue their tradition of selling it on all 4 carriers, I just hope we won't get "stuck" with an Epic like hardware keyboard device.

Is David Blaine going to make a holographic, 3d, quadcore phone out of a Kyocera flipper?

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Let's see what they've got. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised....

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Sprint | Coming Soon

Try the same trick with www.sprint.com/arrive and you get a different answer.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

What time is this all saposed to go down? I think alot of people may be right that if Sprint doesnt do something big soon they will be left behind.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

if they dont do something big i am tempted to jump ship... but i guess one phonescoop that the kyocera phone is most likely not there big reveal..

sprint+kyocera= epic fail

Come 5pm, if this is true, I'm done with sprint..

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Its at 6. It will be a dual 3.5" screen device.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't have Sprint, so I can't speak for all of you Sprint folks, but even *I* am mighty disappointed that they made all this hype just for this.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It is still an industry first... maybe it might have tri core?

Sent from my Nexus S
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

it will truly be an industry first to lose your entire customer base within moments after a PR stunt with a magician

da*n it, now where the freak is that bestbuy website with pre-orders for the Thunderbolt?

---i still hold hope it's something better, but if it's just the HTC Arrive (windows device, really? come on) and the Kyocera Echo (Echo-Hell-No) then i'm greatly let down by the hype surrounding this event---

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts

How much laughter was there at the event? I usually want alot of the new gadgets that are coming out. But not this one. This phone looks cheaply made, and a gimmick. I wonder how much they are going to try to sell it for off contract?

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Watching the hands on video, that thing didn't look all that fast and responsive. I guess early software is to blame for that, but still, it really is only running Evo Shift hardware and has to deal with lots of multitasking and two screens.

The devs will love this, yet another phone to write special versions of their apps for...
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Watching the hands on video, that thing didn't look all that fast and responsive. I guess early software is to blame for that, but still, it really is only running Evo Shift hardware and has to deal with lots of multitasking and two screens.

The devs will love this, yet another phone to write special versions of their apps for...
    I actually heard it was a first gen Snapdragon powering the phone aka EVO status (does the Shift have an updated processor?)

Good luck powering that thing smoothly with a Qualcomm processor. Yeah. NOT gonna happen with Qualcomm. You can already see it lagging.

They should have used TI OMAP at least.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    Good luck powering that thing smoothly with a Qualcomm processor. Yeah. NOT gonna happen with Qualcomm. You can already see it lagging.

They should have used TI OMAP at least.
    I definitely agree. I was shocked to hear some of the specs...especially that small battery.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The thing is never going to get updated.