sprint announcement is a !!?? what??

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...my first freaking Sprint phone was a Kyocera. A flip phone POS. An industry first...from Kyocera? Really?

OMG....tell me this isn't going to suck, and this isn't the only thing they are announcing.

With all the other good phones being leaked already or having their announcement dates set for MWC (Optiums 3d, Galaxy S2), I kind of figured there isn't much left for them to reveal to us, so I have slowly focused my hopes on the Galaxy S2. I am assuming they will continue their tradition of selling it on all 4 carriers, I just hope we won't get "stuck" with an Epic like hardware keyboard device.

Is David Blaine going to make a holographic, 3d, quadcore phone out of a Kyocera flipper?

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
What time is this all saposed to go down? I think alot of people may be right that if Sprint doesnt do something big soon they will be left behind.

krod31

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
if they dont do something big i am tempted to jump ship... but i guess one phonescoop that the kyocera phone is most likely not there big reveal..

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
it will truly be an industry first to lose your entire customer base within moments after a PR stunt with a magician

da*n it, now where the freak is that bestbuy website with pre-orders for the Thunderbolt?

---i still hold hope it's something better, but if it's just the HTC Arrive (windows device, really? come on) and the Kyocera Echo (Echo-Hell-No) then i'm greatly let down by the hype surrounding this event---

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
How much laughter was there at the event? I usually want alot of the new gadgets that are coming out. But not this one. This phone looks cheaply made, and a gimmick. I wonder how much they are going to try to sell it for off contract?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Watching the hands on video, that thing didn't look all that fast and responsive. I guess early software is to blame for that, but still, it really is only running Evo Shift hardware and has to deal with lots of multitasking and two screens.

The devs will love this, yet another phone to write special versions of their apps for...

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Watching the hands on video, that thing didn't look all that fast and responsive. I guess early software is to blame for that, but still, it really is only running Evo Shift hardware and has to deal with lots of multitasking and two screens.

The devs will love this, yet another phone to write special versions of their apps for...

I actually heard it was a first gen Snapdragon powering the phone aka EVO status (does the Shift have an updated processor?)

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Good luck powering that thing smoothly with a Qualcomm processor. Yeah. NOT gonna happen with Qualcomm. You can already see it lagging.

They should have used TI OMAP at least.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Good luck powering that thing smoothly with a Qualcomm processor. Yeah. NOT gonna happen with Qualcomm. You can already see it lagging.

They should have used TI OMAP at least.

I definitely agree. I was shocked to hear some of the specs...especially that small battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox