Recovery and fastboot?

LiuAnshan

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to boot into fastboot on these devices and do they have any stock images? I seem to have gotten mine to only boot to the kyocera splash and am trying to resolve it.

jasonkc25

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere that you hold down the bottom volume button and turn on the device. Though when I have done this, it locks at the kyocera splash page and never goes past it. Haven't really tried much else.

LiuAnshan

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that depending on which buttons I hold while booting the phone the led will be either green, off, orange or red. Haven't managed to get it into anything that looks like fastboot or anything that 'fastboot devices' will recognize though. I've gotten ADB to see the phone and gotten it to reboot into the android stock recovery using 'adb reboot recovery' but don't know where to go from there.

Dre89

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah what you guys have found is about how far me and jamin have gotten. Our phone might be the most secure android because of this. The only ones with the drivers to access it our sprint and kyocera, which is why they can reflash it and we can't.

Oh how I would love to have those drivers

Last edited:

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I suppose I should be reassured that privacy-invading apps can't quietly insert themselves into my phone...

But I also like to take my toys apart and play with them.

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I thought the source code for this phone had been released. Wouldn't that be all that's needed for flashing and getting it rooted? I would also assume that once it was ready to flash to the commands entered into ADB would be the same as when I rooted my xoom?

Not sure I need to hook up to my PC and figure this out.

Xoom+Root = Perfect Match

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463