Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Subtle Ringing in silent mode?

I wonder if this is a herpderp issue. (No signal? Check again. Still no signal? Check again. Uh-oh, something must be wrong with wireless driver. Let's panic the system and restart.)

I've seen it once or twice, but usually the phone can run for more than a week without issue. Sometimes have to reboot if Wifi discovery locks up.

ROM
    Tiamat 2.1.0 Manta Ray

I am on my second echo now. I still have not experienced this problem. The main difference I can think of is I'm rooted. I have no idea if that has anything to do with it or not.

Motorola Xoom 3g: Unlocked, Rooted, and on Tiamat 2.1.0 Tachi.

Kyocera Echo: Rooted and waiting for Gingerbread.

So i had this issue and i juat fixed it for me... but idk if is temp. or not...
    I went to manage applications in my settings hit dialer storage and cleared all data and it stopped immediately. And to check i tried changingv volume and it didnt say "in-call volume" anymore

Question is whether 2.3 properly fixes it.

My DNA has been making this quiet ringing tone every now and then. I have noticed it seems to do it more after the Bluetooth connection in my truck radio is shut off. I didnt make any calls prior to the ring. Just got out of my truck and the phone starts quietly ringing until i re-boot the phone or make a call. This is a real problem because you may think you are in silent or vibrate yet the phone will ring and no one is there. It has done it at least every few days. It doesn't matter if the ringer is off or on, and the ring isn't even my ringtone. Almost like a old fashioned telephone ring but rather quiet. I have not left my home calling area, so i don't think it has anything to do with roaming.

I have been dealing with this issue now and then. It is going on right now and when I searched for an answer, I cam across yours just posted today. I too have a DNA. I got this phone about 3 months ago, so it is pretty new still.

UPDATE:
    Got a replacement phone and it is doing the same thing! In the middle of the night it starts ringing an old fashioned phone ring and wont stop until re-boot or it stops the second i place an outgoing call to my voice mail. I can not count on this phone being in silent mode, it does it then too. Real hassle when in a meeting or important event and phone starts ring for no reason. I have not downloaded any programs at all so its not an external app problem. Happens randomly and sounds like a quiet old fashioned telephone ringer. It comes out of the earpiece not the rear speaker like the regular ringer does. Is happening about 4-5 times a week at all different times and locations.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12