Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cezell09
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Uninstalling Pre-loaded apps

I've been thinking of uninstalling the apps that came pre loaded with the ECHO. Especially the Sims and the various apps that just open up a web browser. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it before. And if so how did they do it...

I was going to follow this thread: Unwanted apps - Android Forums

... and just take my time with it and make sure I'm doing the correct things.

Just looking for any feedback from some more veteran devs.

Obviously the phone needs to be rooted to do this. If you don't have it rooted, Z4root works great!

That being said, I have used both Root Manager and SystemApp Remover with perfect results.

Sent from my M9300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ayryyn View Post
    Obviously the phone needs to be rooted to do this. If you don't have it rooted, Z4root works great!

That being said, I have used both Root Manager and SystemApp Remover with perfect results.

Ayryyn,

What are you using Root Manager to do on your Echo? Since there are no ROMs for the Echo, I was under the impression that Root Manager was a bit useless. Can you actually install Clockwork Recovery to the Echo?

J

I believe you are thinking of Rom Manager. Root Manager is a simple program that has a few tools for rooted phones. I use it specifically for removing system applications.

I too am rooted and I used Root Explorer to delete system apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayryyn View Post
    I believe you are thinking of Rom Manager. Root Manager is a simple program that has a few tools for rooted phones. I use it specifically for removing system applications.

Yep yer right, got the two confused.

J

[QUOTE=Ayryyn;900060]I believe you are thinking of Rom Manager. Root Manager is a simple program that has a few tools for rooted phones. I use it specifically for removing system applications.

Went system files have you safely removed? I got rid of the nascar app, sprint radio, gameloft apk, echo top apps and the namco apk.

J

new here and to android can you tell me step by step on how to uninstall apps that came with phone i get message that app is read only thank you

This is a rooting topic. You'd have to root the device before certain things can be deleted.

Just a suggestion bro, if you delete all sprint's apps. You'll not have any OTA update by Sprint.
    That's happen to my Echo, I deleted / uninstall all Sprint's apps, I didn't received any updated notification related to the new firmware that released June 2, 2011. So, I tried to updated manually via Setting menu, system update..download the kyocera updated tool when it finished, it can't be install..the warning said : "error 8507, upgrade cant be completed, please contact Sprint.

I compared with my friend's Echo which is still have Sprint's Apps, it received notification and new firmware is installed...

Now, I would like to ask, where can I have the Original / stock ROM for Echo? cause I tried factory reset / hard reset on my Echo, the deleted apps couldn't be restoreed...

Please advise..

You probably need an Echo that has not been activated, and appropriate tools/software to pull the OS.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ROM
    cm-10-20121014-NIGHTLY-t

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post
    Now, I would like to ask, where can I have the Original / stock ROM for Echo? cause I tried factory reset / hard reset on my Echo, the deleted apps couldn't be restoreed...

Please advise..
    Do a factory reset. Same here, removed all Sprint apps and when the update dropped I just did a hard reset and it installed fine, if you used z4root and did a permanent root you can unroot the phone with the z4root app then do the hard reset.

Removing the apps doesn't affect the update. When my phone was stock and unrooted it still wouldn't update. I'm told that Spront is waiting to figure out the problem. Supposedly if Sprint reflashes the OS in the store then it might fix the update problem. I'm waiting for my local store to update their systems on Tuesday so they have the new software to reflash it.

@Selpiche,
    Thanks for the info bro, but I already conduct Hard Reset, the deleted apps didn't show up.
    If it's not the problem, I also thought that this happen cause I'm not using sprint as the operator but my friend also not using sprint but he's got update for his Echo.

I just worried if Sprint or Kyocera already has plan to drop Gingerbread on Echo & update it via OTA, I guess I will not see it

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ROM
    cm-10-20121014-NIGHTLY-t

Take it to have it reflashed then, as far as I understand 2.3 is coming later this summer with enhance apps and tablet mode.

I wonder if someone has a recovery img somewhere??

You mean reflash it on Sprint's Store? That would be a problem cause I'm not living in US
    I use other CDMA operator beside Sprint here & it works just fine.

Do you have the file so I can flash it offline in my own PC? or maybe the link so I can download it..

any help really appreciate it...thanks

I wonder if the Kyocera developer kit has a stock image.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    I wonder if the Kyocera developer kit has a stock image.
    I've checked out the developer kit. It doesn't have a stock image. It only has the necessary drivers and an emulator for creating dual-screen apps.

Quote Originally Posted by cezell09 View Post
    I've checked out the developer kit. It doesn't have a stock image. It only has the necessary drivers and an emulator for creating dual-screen apps.
    I was able to get a copy of the rom dump from XDA - you could search for it. It is just a collection of the stock folders from rom. But the necessary apk might be in there to restore any missing system app, I have not looked at the package yet - haven't had time. Then you could move the newly installed "system" app back in to the rom section via Titanium. I figure this might be a way for a system to at least "look" like a stock one if I ever need to "restore" my system.

sabbys

Default Re: Uninstalling Pre-loaded apps

I tried z4...force closed whenever i tried temp root. Tried Visionary method...phone locked up. used linda file manager and a few others....none worked. And even after ignoring the alerts that popped up from my AVG abti virus saying EVERYONE of those above mentioned files were corrupt...damn near every method is f ing up my phone. PLZ...if there is a real way to remove the PRE LOADED apps like amazon mp3 from the HTC EVO SHIFT 4G plz reply.